Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My website was removed.
I advertised my website in the correct forumm here:
http://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=41

And it was deleted. Why, what is the actual point in that forum?
(10-09-2009, 02:34 PM)Combo Wrote: I advertised my website in the correct forumm here:
http://www.supportforums.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=41

And it was deleted. Why, what is the actual point in that forum?

It's so users can review the theme and layout of your website.

You were trying to gain members on your site, which is similar to this one. It's against the rules.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

I was looking for improvements and asking for a theme to be developed, and the rules and there is no stickied thread in that forum so your just making it up as you go along.

As I said, my forum is based on security, not support. So there should be no problem.

You then replied in a PM, "We have security sections here on SF"

So your telling me, if another forum has a "Gaming Forum" and they advertise here, there site will get removed aswell because you only have 1 internet security section.

Reply to this, don't ignore it.
(10-09-2009, 02:39 PM)Combo Wrote: I was looking for improvements and asking for a theme to be developed, and the rules and there is no stickied thread in that forum so your just making it up as you go along.

As I said, my forum is based on security, not support. So there should be no problem.

You then replied in a PM, "We have security sections here on SF"

So your telling me, if another forum has a "Gaming Forum" and they advertise here, there site will get removed aswell because you only have 1 internet security section.

Reply to this, don't ignore it.

You asked for moderators and members for your site.

Here are the rules. They're for the entire site, not just one section.

I never you sent you a PM.

Your site is extremely similar to this one, it's about helping people with computer problems.

Every rule doesn't have to be written, use common sense. You can ask for design ideas via providing a screen-shot. If it was removed, then it was considered competition or forbidden in some field.
MreGSX is not the person you need to be talking to. He is not a moderator. You also should not have created a topic about this. You should have PM'd the moderator that deleted the thread, if you know who it is. If you don't, then PM one who is online.
(10-09-2009, 02:41 PM)MreGSX Wrote: You asked for moderators for your site.

Here are the rules. They're for the entire site.

I never you sent you a PM.

Your site is extremely similar to this one, it's about helping people with computer problems.

Quite clearly, the website is mine, so I should know what I base it on and not what you think it's based on. I don't want members from here, I want to know what they think of the general feel and layout when they visit.

I've made a new thread with basic information. Asking members clearly about the general layout and theme.

Thank you.

Sorry, I'm speaking to the wrong person, NVM.
(10-09-2009, 02:43 PM)Combo Wrote: Quite clearly, the website is mine, so I should know what I base it on and not what you think it's based on. I don't want members from here, I want to know what they think of the general feel and layout when they visit.

I've made a new thread with basic information. Asking members clearly about the general layout and theme.

And yes, you sent me 2 PM's including the actual warning, the second PM is the one which I'm going on about above.

Thank you.

Really? Read the PM again, I never sent you one. I am not a moderator.

You asked for members and moderators. It went something like, "if you want to moderate or administrate my site register as I don't have time".

Anyways, it was against the rules, not a big deal.

It doesn't matter what you think it's based on. If the staff thinks you are trying to advertise, then you are. What do you mean you don't "want members from here"? You gave them the opportunity to apply to be a mod for your site. How can you say you don't want members from here after having done that?
(10-09-2009, 02:46 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: It doesn't matter what you think it's based on. If the staff thinks you are trying to advertise, then you are. What do you mean you don't "want members from here"? You gave them the opportunity to apply to be a mod for your site. How can you say you don't want members from here after having done that?

I wouldn't mind members from here, plus I've not only posted the forum here, I've posted a full on blatent advertisement on other forums, I've read the rules and understood them.

I don't mind anyway, my new post as far as I'm aware isn't breaking any rules and I should be find with that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why was DDS tutorial removed ? knojon 18 3,164 08-11-2011, 06:10 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Sig pic removed haphazard 2 720 10-20-2010, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Eve
  Was the language filter removed? Elektrisk 18 2,824 02-18-2010, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Tim