Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amilo 3220 HDD problem . . .
Hi Folks,

I'm new to this forum (thank's to Omni), so I don't know if it's allowed to post this thread, if it's not - I'm sorry . . .

I've a laptop Fujitsu Siemense Amilo 3220. I think it has a very weak HDD cause every 2 weeks some of it's boot sectors were dead. I managed to heal it via HDAT 2.0 that came with Hiren's Boot CD but this time I can't do it.

The problem is too many boot sectors are damaged . . . The program is stuck at 12499 mb (HDD is 120GB) and it works very slow . . . I've left it working for 48 hours and it only reached 13000 . . . Now I've started thinking that HDAT 2.0 doesn't work at all . . .

If any of you had such kind of a problem and know solution, or you just have some idea how to deal with it, please don't be lazy and post . . . I need your help . . .

P.S.
This "Help Desk" kind of forum is a great idea . . . Thank you very much Omni . . .
In all honesty from the input you've given it's a bad hard drive.
I work with Fujitsu laptops monday-friday i get at least 30-70 laptops coming in and out of my school's it office.

In my experience with them i've learned their part's go bad pretty fast. I've replaced at least 45 hard drives in the month of September off brand new laptops.
Buy a new HD is my final Verdict.
Sorry i can't add more than that.
(10-10-2009, 10:58 PM)Ajsec5000 Wrote: In all honesty from the input you've given it's a bad hard drive.
I work with Fujitsu laptops monday-friday i get at least 30-70 laptops coming in and out of my school's it office.

In my experience with them i've learned their part's go bad pretty fast. I've replaced at least 45 hard drives in the month of September off brand new laptops.

Yer in general I steer clear of Fujitsu as a brand entirely. They cut way to many corners in production and quality that its surprising that they have stayed in business lol.

As for the hard drive, save yourself the lost sleep and just buy yourself a new one. Unfortunately hard drives don't last forever, so sometimes we gotta spend some money.
(10-11-2009, 01:34 AM)x0re Wrote: Yer in general I steer clear of Fujitsu as a brand entirely. They cut way to many corners in production and quality that its surprising that they have stayed in business lol.

As for the hard drive, save yourself the lost sleep and just buy yourself a new one. Unfortunately hard drives don't last forever, so sometimes we gotta spend some money.
get a new HD
(10-11-2009, 01:34 AM)x0re Wrote:
(10-10-2009, 10:58 PM)Ajsec5000 Wrote: In all honesty from the input you've given it's a bad hard drive.

Yer in general I steer clear of Fujitsu as a brand entirely. They cut way to many corners in production and quality that its surprising that they have stayed in business lol.

Yea they cut corners lol. I have to order 45 new system boards for tomorrow. along with a few new Lcd's
Beware the snowman, for he brings the cold.
~Pm me about Hardware problems. Desktop/Laptop.
Yeeh . . . I've come to the same decision . . .

I found HawkPe, great tool that is booted from CD . . . So I transfered all the files via LAN to my desktop PC and I'm going to format the whole drive . . .

Thanks for your advice anyway . . .
No problem Tongue
Beware the snowman, for he brings the cold.
~Pm me about Hardware problems. Desktop/Laptop.
Ya i would just buy a new hardrive with that many bad sectors....
Dell XPS 630i 6gigs IntelCore2duo e8400 ATI Radeon HD 4850!

[Image: ildE.gif]Feed Us![Image: KcXT.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replacing internal HDD i/o error Annuit Coeptis 7 2,729 06-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Annuit Coeptis
  Netbook HDD physically damaged.[HDD Beeping] aggouras 12 4,291 05-29-2011, 10:08 PM
Last Post: Lulz
  HD Pavillion DV2000 HDD Replacement!? s9TeeN 5 1,509 09-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Last Post: XiX Eb0y XiX