Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get more *active* members?
I've been trying to think how to get more *active* members on the forum. I mean, we have 76 or so but only like 7 are active!

1. We need to get more members
2. We need to get them active

How do we get members active? And how to get more members!

Anyone got anyone suggestions?
-Beta
I know what you mean. Right now all that's coming on is Staff... Hmm, I could do away with the "MyBB Support" couldn't I?

I mean, all we need is Admin, Mod, Super Mod, and Regular. . . We don't need all these extra usergroups...

I wish I could give a suggestion, but I'm out!

FW
~ FFW
FW I have a request: Please put me back in the Regular users group. Though I like being a Staff member, maybe it would encourage more users to post and register, if they saw more than just staff coming on here.
Plus, I'm sure You, Cool Guy, ISR, and Papa can moderate very well. Smile

Thanks,
-Beta Tongue
Much as I hate to do it Beta:

Your request...is granted.

FW
~ FFW
I think the main reason that people are not coming back is because of the strict rules you guys have in place here. Most forums have a no p*rn / illegal site links rule etc, but I have never come across a forum that takes even the smallest swear word so harshly.

Many people use swearwords as expressions because essentially all they are are words that have a lot of emphasis on emotions. So the word "d**n" (either one) is used instead of "that was annoying", or even harsher words like the F word, B words, are used for when someone is really angry.

Some people, obviously a lot of people here, don't like seeing these words, but you have to open your eyes and take a look at the world, where they are used *all the time*, in business, recreation etc. My boss today uttered the F word and some B words about 10 times because the food supplies (I work in a restaurant) hadn't come in on time.

Swear words are out there, people use them, and if you want more people to use the site you will have to grin and bear them.
DrPoodle Wrote:I think the main reason that people are not coming back is because of the strict rules you guys have in place here. Most forums have a no p*rn / illegal site links rule etc, but I have never come across a forum that takes even the smallest swear word so harshly.
As far as I'm conserned, these rules are not strict as can be. Why, I've came across forums that if you dared to post just one little link, they'd ban you!

DrPoodle Wrote:Many people use swearwords as expressions because essentially all they are are words that have a lot of emphasis on emotions. So the word "d**n" (either one) is used instead of "that was annoying", or even harsher words like the F word, B words, are used for when someone is really angry.
Ahem.. So? That's their fault.

DrPoodle Wrote:Swear words are out there, people use them, and if you want more people to use the site you will have to grin and bear them.
I am going to keep this forum clean. No swearing is the #1 rule. I do not believe in swearing, therefore swearing is not allowed on this forum. Besides, sometimes people post things that are not fit for others to see.
~ FFW
DrPoodle, you need to go get a life.
Swearing is wrong, it's wicked and flat out disgusting.

If FirefoxWiz should happen to allow swearing,
this forum won't be gaining members, it will
be losing a load of members....

_ISR_m3rc_
I have a life thank you very much, and it is a very good one. Swearing isn't wrong, it is expressive. As an English student I have seen many theatrical productions, and the vast majority of them have swearing added in to enhance the dramatic effect of the performance.

The same is accounted for in real life, not that you would know anything about that...
Swearing IS wrong, and fairly think that it should
not be permitted to be seen on this forum, since we can
agree that it is wrong.

Therefore, it can not be allowed, since it is wrong,
and if this wrong doing IS allowed, I for one,
will certainly leave the day it is allowed.

*Insane*Poodle Wrote:Swearing isn't wrong, it is expressive.
I beg to differ with your opinion.
I ask you to take a look, at one of the most
popular dictionaries on the internet.

Please take a look at what they have to say:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profanity

It appears that your opinion and the dictionary's
do not match up.....

_ISR_m3rc_

</html>
and I ask you to sit down and watch a few modern plays...or go and work in a stressful environment where swear words are used all the time!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Active Emotion 3 497 12-08-2011, 05:39 AM
Last Post: D3xus
  It seems like just being active is being over active. RAT 11 1,156 07-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Last Post: Mayhem
  Are you active or inactive on SF? Mystic Guru 32 6,099 02-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Mystic Guru
  What forums are you active on? Fragma 27 2,709 02-24-2011, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Denirulz
  Glad supportforums is active `P R O D I G Y™ 17 1,365 12-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Last Post: `P R O D I G Y™