Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What piece of networking equipment do I need?
I think you need a wireless router I don't see what the problem is?
[Image: 21an712.jpg]
I love her. <33
(06-11-2010, 10:23 AM)Camgaertner Wrote: I believe what your trying to say is, you have multiple computers in your room, but only one Ethernet plug? You want to get a router. I have one in my room for this purpose.

EDIT: I have this one

If I plug the 4 computers in my room into this router, will it allow them to connect wirelessly to my router downstairs?
(06-11-2010, 04:42 PM)AuToGrApHzZz Wrote: I think you need a wireless router I don't see what the problem is?

The problem is, I have 3 computers in my room without internet access which is seriously restricting my work.
[Image: GamersTalk.com-468x60.gif]

Come and join GamersTalk now! We have a great online forum community and would love to see some new faces. Contest coming within the next few day. Join now!
Omfg, I knew the name off this.. Ermmm lemme try and find out for you Smile!
When I used to play AOE on a lan, I use an old wireless router to connect all 5-6 PC's together via Ethernet cables.

I never tried bridgeing the connections though, I imagine that you would simply connect all to the router, connect one to the internet and bridge the connection, not 100% sure on what steps, but I would also think you would need them all running the same OS.
Mhmm this helped me aswell, Thanks!
OK, as far as i know - what you're asking for is not possible.

What you want:

Internet > Wireless router:

Then what you can do is you can use Ethernet cables , one for each PC - in to the router.

Otherwise, you want 4 different wireless dongles / PCI wireless cards - one for each PC.

Smile
By my thinking best for you to have is a wireless router.
Well with the cables you can change your ip address.
I understand what you mean,
U want 4 computers to connect to the wireless router via 1 wireless adapter, I'm not sure if this is possible, you may have to buy seperate ones.
(06-13-2010, 12:34 PM)MarkW7 Wrote: OK, as far as i know - what you're asking for is not possible.

What you want:

Internet > Wireless router:

Then what you can do is you can use Ethernet cables , one for each PC - in to the router.

Otherwise, you want 4 different wireless dongles / PCI wireless cards - one for each PC.

Smile

It is possible. I've seen it done a few times before and I've read about it a couple of times but I can't remember where.

Hold on, let me find something...

(06-13-2010, 01:01 PM)robbiecee2 Wrote: I understand what you mean,
U want 4 computers to connect to the wireless router via 1 wireless adapter, I'm not sure if this is possible, you may have to buy seperate ones.

Yes! This is exactly what I mean! It is possible, I just can't remember what the specific piece of equipment is. Sad
[Image: GamersTalk.com-468x60.gif]

Come and join GamersTalk now! We have a great online forum community and would love to see some new faces. Contest coming within the next few day. Join now!
Never heard of anything like this before, i watching to see what people come up with. :p

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have a bit of a networking hardware problem. Help would be great. Iceberg. 0 660 07-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Iceberg.
  [Networking question] QoS in router, trouble with subnet mask [Solved] prooving 0 909 07-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Last Post: prooving
  Help with a *Unique* networking situation computerguy4783 1 747 02-11-2012, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Load
  TUTORIAL Networking Windows 7 with XP DAMINK™ 0 1,121 02-08-2010, 12:51 AM
Last Post: DAMINK™