Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What piece of networking equipment do I need?
Right now I have 3 computers in my room, which is soon going to be 4. What's the piece of networking equipment called that enables all these to connect to a wireless network via one wireless adapter thingy? Sorry if I'm not making any sense, its really simple and I should know this but I've completely forgotten the name of it.

Thanks to anyone who can help, this is rather important.
[Image: GamersTalk.com-468x60.gif]

Come and join GamersTalk now! We have a great online forum community and would love to see some new faces. Contest coming within the next few day. Join now!
Is it some kind of program or hardware ?
It's a piece of hardware.

Come and join GamersTalk now! We have a great online forum community and would love to see some new faces. Contest coming within the next few day. Join now!
(06-06-2010, 11:43 PM)Beano Wrote: It's a piece of hardware.

Do you mean an router where there are multiple ethernet plugins ?
You want a wireless router.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(06-07-2010, 01:16 AM)NaDe Wrote: Do you mean an router where there are multiple ethernet plugins ?

Kind of. I already have a wireless router, I just need the piece of equipment that will allow me to connect 3 or 4 PC's together to share the same wireless thingy. I honestly have no clue what it's called anymore, I should know this! Sad

(06-07-2010, 01:26 AM)Omniscient Wrote: You want a wireless router.

I already have one. If I get another one, will that be able to connect to my existing one?

Do you mean cables ? xD
I dont know either mate

What do you whant to do exactly share your networks with the four pc's ?
Right I'll post how things are set up which may make you understand me a little better.

Upstairs:
PC1 - PC2 - PC3 - PC4
|_____|_____|____|
________|
Wireless Thingy?

Downstairs: Wireless Router connected to internet.

So I need to know what the 'Wireless Thingy' is actually called. Omniscient said I need another wireless router but I connected one up and couldn't find a way to connect it to my wireless router which is downstairs.

Bump, can anyone help please?

(06-07-2010, 08:18 AM)Beano Wrote: I already have one. If I get another one, will that be able to connect to my existing one?

I believe what your trying to say is, you have multiple computers in your room, but only one Ethernet plug? You want to get a router. I have one in my room for this purpose.

EDIT: I have this one

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have a bit of a networking hardware problem. Help would be great. Iceberg. 0 660 07-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Iceberg.
  [Networking question] QoS in router, trouble with subnet mask [Solved] prooving 0 909 07-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Last Post: prooving
  Help with a *Unique* networking situation computerguy4783 1 747 02-11-2012, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Load
  TUTORIAL Networking Windows 7 with XP DAMINK™ 0 1,121 02-08-2010, 12:51 AM
Last Post: DAMINK™