Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overheating Laptop
If you use it while you sleep (like I do) put a phonebook under it so that the fan can cool itself and when your using it when your not sleeping keep it elevated
(11-30-2009, 01:07 PM)ToTzIK Wrote: If you use it while you sleep (like I do) put a phonebook under it so that the fan can cool itself and when your using it when your not sleeping keep it elevated

All laptops I've ever seen have rubber bumps on the sides to make sure it doesn't slide anywhere and for proper ventilation, as it lifts the laptop off the ground.
Try buying one of those cooling pads that distributes the heat. Mine was doing this also but I bought one of those and it stopped.
I have been having this problem for a long time now, sad part is that the manufacturer is known for this. (Toshiba)

A couple solutions are:

Buy a cooling pad.
Make sure you aren't resting your computer on a blanked or anything that will get hot.
Only charge your computer when it has 5-10% battery life left, and remove the charger once complete.
(11-23-2010, 08:40 PM)Guest Wrote: Alright, did the 'Support' get removed from SupportForums?
You're not a good Emotional Helper.
Dear OP if you are still active on this thread?
have you tried using Ubuntu?
slowly getting better
Monitor your temperature with a program, I used, 18kfangui (I think that), but I also think it is only for Dells. Mine was running at 90 degrees celsius.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Laptop overheating win32.[J]ack[B]arr.dll 19 1,868 10-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Apocalypse
  Laptop Overheating. Swiftman25 19 3,061 08-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Cannabis