Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overheating Laptop
Hey everyone, about 8 months ago I bough a brand new Dell Studio 1535 with an Intel Core Duo cpu and with 3 GB of RAM. Ever since I have owned it, it always gets really hot I mean extremley hot to the point i can not touch the bottom of the laptop or rest my palms on the space below the keyboard. Does any one have any advice for me on what I should do to fix this problem and what hardware I should buy.
Hello.

A simple solution would to be buying a good cooling pad. If this is not an option, then you should a) reconsider using your laptop and b) at least keep it elevated. I really recommend getting a good cooling pad though.
Well keep the fan from being obstructed or you could buy a cooling pad.
Thats a pretty good computer, overnight when you sleep try taking out the battery, a cooling pad would be good to.
Make sure your fans on your laptop are clear too, other than buying a cooling pad there is not much more you can do i am afraid.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
What I did: I took a compressor and blowed carefully into the computer (without taking it apart). Mostly on the fans which had A LOT of dust.
It got from 70ºC down to ~40ºC.
A slightly improvement.
If that didn't help - Make/get a fan cooler.
There's many guides on youtube.
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

You should probably get a nice cooling pad.

Check out Newegg they have great deals.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis...ad&x=0&y=0
couple things i would try

1. using compressed air to try and get any dust or obstructions out.
2. make sure while your using it to not have anything covering any holes on the laptop
3. cooling pad usually you can get for under 50$ bucs
4. if its still under warranty call dell complain tell them that it burns you it could be that your fan just may be crap and needs replacing have them replace it they should also do number 4.
5. try replacing the thermal paste between your video card and processor but id wait til its outa warranty before trying this because taking it apart will void warranty.

i had a laptop that was overheating turns out that it had been taken apart before i got it and the thermal past was minmul replaced it works great now
[Image: SoulScore.jpg]
You could try underclocking the laptop.
dell usually limits its bios to not let anyone touch the overclocking/underclocking features i have not seen many that allow you to ut you could maybe see if there is a custom bios out for it to allow you to
[Image: SoulScore.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Laptop overheating win32.[J]ack[B]arr.dll 19 1,868 10-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Apocalypse
  Laptop Overheating. Swiftman25 19 3,061 08-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Cannabis