Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overheating Laptop
i had that with my laptop .. the blower vent is usually on the right . try to keep it open .. make sure theres always air going in it.
when it goes alot overheated it gives the blue scren of death
You can undervolt the processor, which will lower the temps a few degrees and should save some battery.
A cooling pad is the best thing you can use and it isn't expensive. Be careful with your laptop, Staying too long on it can get it excessively hot. So consider purchasing a cooling pad early.
[Image: 9lcsqd.jpg]
No......he has to use clockgen.
Well thanks for all the help guys. I am not interested in cooling fans I have owned one before and I just dont like the extra equipment I was wanting to know if there were better fans that you can put into it I have heard of something called Artic Silver 5 I am not sure if it is a fan or what but people say it cools the cpu down alot. I mainly want to get a better fan or see if there was space to add another fan.

PS I keep my laptops vents pretty clear and it is dust free.
I suggest buying a cooling pad, http://www.nextag.com/laptop-cooling-pad/search-html

If you don't do that then make sure when your not using your laptop, don't leave it on, or even remove the battery.
I own and recommend a USB cooling pad. If you have a laptop bag make sure you get one that will fit inside your bag. I carry mine around with me. It's awesome.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I use a USB one as well, and it's fantastic. It's not bulky at all, and it works very, very well.
IMO, I think you should buy a usb connectable cooling pad that has good ventilation and is spaced a good distance from your working surface and is also the same size as your laptop, so you can bring it with ease, if you're on the go.

My folks use MSI laptops, those things really heat up after extended use if you don't use a cooling pad and they use their laptops all day long so I told them to buy cooling pads for theirs (It ended up having yours truly buying it for them, again. -_-).
[Image: wa3bbk.jpg]
Help us help you...
Just let it cool down or remove the battery.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Laptop overheating win32.[J]ack[B]arr.dll 19 1,869 10-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Apocalypse
  Laptop Overheating. Swiftman25 19 3,063 08-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Cannabis