Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTF is with this new "hiphop" music?
He would have had to purchase rights, or only have used X% of the song keeping it legal.
A composer doesn't really need to mention what they did... most of the time its obvious. Its not like they keep composition diarys for the public like user manuals. Most of them will note their sources in interviews and stuff anyway.
EG:
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtCEoNjCmEc[/yt]

at 1:01
I know its legal or else they couldn't do it. I just think it's pathetic they need to do that to get a hot single.
If they had real talent they could make their own background music, you know?
zzzzzzz
No, I don't. There are different types of music.
Sure, those who can make their own original and have it kick off have a shitton of talent (Clocks - Coldplay, one of my favorite).
But those who can get samples of a song, and make another great song have plenty of talent too! Heard "smack my bitch up" by the Prodigy? Awesome song, made almost entirely of samples. I found that video a while ago and posted it here:
http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=4367

Thought I would post that instead of continuously spamming your thread with YouTube.

It still takes a lot of talent to remix another song and make it sound decent, sometimes even more then the originals. If you can make a song from another song, get it on the charts, and tell me that it required no talent what soever (without being modest) I will agree with you.
(05-12-2010, 11:10 PM)iStealth Wrote: Lol, a LOT of singers/rappers use other songs. So don't start bashing on hip hop.

Lol, a LOT of it sounds like complete crap, its bashing is justified. Do you not hear the crap you listen to? First of all, the lyrics are stupid and secondly, most of the songs just sound terrible. Most of the new hip hop/rap fails at life.
(05-13-2010, 04:11 AM)Extasey Wrote: Tune originally from Canon in D by Johann Pachabell^^

There's oh so many songs that "copy" Canon in D, but use different tempos, rhythms, and tunings. I don't blame them at all, though. Canon in D is a masterpiece. An example is Graduation Song (Friends Forever) by Vitamin C.

Found a video with Canon in D and Graduation Song arranged together (no lyrics). Sounds pretty good, actually.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5_WD82C1bY[/youtube]
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Can someone link me to the original Chiddy Bang song pleasE?
[Image: mg982347.jpg]
I just hate both hiphop and rap (i think they are the same but whatever).
They are just not my type.
[Image: Untitled-3.png?t=1281317974]
MSN= blue_social@hotmail.com
"With this, I declare a checkmate!"
Free DOXing Service
I like hip hop sometime
[Image: pughacking.png]
I dislike that they take the back round music from other songs,but i like the music.
I sometimes like the mainstream hip hop and rap, but most of the time their beats and song themes are annoying :l
[Image: travy.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WTF Movies Gaijin 10 1,304 02-26-2011, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Modestep