Support Forums

Full Version: WTF is with this new "hiphop" music?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I mean seriously..
Ripping off other songs and using is as background music? How cheap is that o_O

Chiddy Bang – The Opposite Of Adults
Jason DeRulo - Riding Solo
Jason DeRulo - Watcha Say
Think of it as a sign of respect to the original song and it's artist. They liked it so much, they wanted to rap on it.
I wouldn't feel any respect if i wrong the original xD
OMFG!!! Chiddy Bang totally destroyed an awesome song Bebe-pleure
Lol, a LOT of singers/rappers use other songs. So don't start bashing on hip hop.
I'm bashing. It's pathetic.
there is a difference in using the structure of another song to composeyourse.... and using the beat of one song from way back whenjust to lay your scrappy track on top of it... it seems to me nowa days rap has gone to s*** its all about the same thing.. wearing jewelry that isnt theres ... driving cars they dont own... and scretwing everyones girl and mother.... its gotten way out of hand... the general concensus of what rap and r&b has been gravely distorted...its just stupid now... example: he made an entire song about "i can make your bed rock: ...... :|
"I'm only gonna break break your, break break your heart"
Wow, cause that something to be proud of o_O
So your saying you don't like music being remixed?
Thats a pretty big part of the industry... theres a shitload of songs out there that use the same tunes! Try the alphabet and twinkle twinkle little star. Haha joking, but seriously:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTnuGkZgaMc[/youtube]

Its more prevalent then you would think!
Tune originally from Canon in D by Johann Pachabell^^
What about songs like "Whatcha Say". He even used Imogen Heaps singing in his song. And didn't even point out that he just wrote over her song.
Pages: 1 2 3