Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[MyBB] Template Editing Example
Here I will give an example on how to edit templates on your MyBB forum.

For the first example I will be explaining how to add links to your navigation bar.
Here on SF, the links that have been added are Home, Twitter, Contact & Invite.

For the second example, I will explain how to add advertising images below your menu bar. Like that of the MyBB advert here on SF.

Both are very easy to do.

-----------------------------------

First Example (Click to View)

Now the next example is even easier..

Second Example (Click to View)

Well I hope this helps a few people. It was aimed at helping beginners to get a better understanding & hopefully more confidence on template editing.

Thanks,
The Major

Note: My HTML knowledge isn't great so please If i made any mistakes, tell me and I will edit them. Blackhat
(04-29-2010, 03:21 PM)The Major Wrote: Note: My PHP knowledge isn't great so please If i made any mistakes, tell me and I will edit them. Blackhat

It's not PHP, that's HTML.
Nice anyway.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
(04-29-2010, 03:23 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: It's not PHP, that's HTML.
Nice anyway.

Wow I'm even dumber than I thought. Lol, thanks for pointing that out I've edited my post.

Maybe I should just stick to VB.NET Hehe
(04-29-2010, 03:27 PM)The Major Wrote: Wow I'm even dumber than I thought. Lol, thanks for pointing that out I've edited my post.

Maybe I should just stick to VB.NET Hehe

Haha, don't worry about it. I came into computing thinking that writing in NotePad was coding.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Nice guide. I want to start a forum, but I don't know what about. This will help me.

(04-29-2010, 03:28 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: Haha, don't worry about it. I came into computing thinking that writing in NotePad was coding.

Haahahaha.
[Image: wugcpy.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  vBulletin Template Errors. Sam 6 1,634 01-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Sam
  MyBB - Template edit? Sam 2 1,149 09-17-2011, 06:46 AM
Last Post: Solidus
  How to Make your MYBB Central Plugin Compatible with new Mybb Billy Mays 3 1,892 07-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Billy Mays
  Default MyBB Template Jack 2 1,270 01-16-2011, 06:53 AM
Last Post: Jack
  [MyBB] Editing memberlist search options questionmark 3 3,224 08-05-2010, 04:14 AM
Last Post: questionmark