Support Forums

Full Version: [MyBB] Template Editing Example
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here I will give an example on how to edit templates on your MyBB forum.

For the first example I will be explaining how to add links to your navigation bar.
Here on SF, the links that have been added are Home, Twitter, Contact & Invite.

For the second example, I will explain how to add advertising images below your menu bar. Like that of the MyBB advert here on SF.

Both are very easy to do.

-----------------------------------

First Example (Click to View)

Now the next example is even easier..

Second Example (Click to View)

Well I hope this helps a few people. It was aimed at helping beginners to get a better understanding & hopefully more confidence on template editing.

Thanks,
The Major

Note: My HTML knowledge isn't great so please If i made any mistakes, tell me and I will edit them. Blackhat
(04-29-2010, 03:21 PM)The Major Wrote: [ -> ]Note: My PHP knowledge isn't great so please If i made any mistakes, tell me and I will edit them. Blackhat

It's not PHP, that's HTML.
Nice anyway.
(04-29-2010, 03:23 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: [ -> ]It's not PHP, that's HTML.
Nice anyway.

Wow I'm even dumber than I thought. Lol, thanks for pointing that out I've edited my post.

Maybe I should just stick to VB.NET Hehe
(04-29-2010, 03:27 PM)The Major Wrote: [ -> ]Wow I'm even dumber than I thought. Lol, thanks for pointing that out I've edited my post.

Maybe I should just stick to VB.NET Hehe

Haha, don't worry about it. I came into computing thinking that writing in NotePad was coding.
Nice guide. I want to start a forum, but I don't know what about. This will help me.

(04-29-2010, 03:28 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: [ -> ]Haha, don't worry about it. I came into computing thinking that writing in NotePad was coding.

Haahahaha.