Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite FTP client?
What's y'all's favorite FTP client?

I used to use FileZilla, but I had a lot of problems with it. I then tried CuteFTP, and it was better, but still not perfect. Then, I tried SmartFTP, and I am in LOVE. It's so amazing.
Cyberduck for Mac. Very well put together IMO. I like SmartFTP for Windows.
[Image: csx47jm4kbi80w88ajnf.png]
I use FileZilla like the zillions of other new webmasters, but it is screwed up somehow Sad
[Image: donation_drive_sig.png]
(04-27-2010, 11:59 AM)Tierney Wrote: I use FileZilla like the zillions of other new webmasters, but it is screwed up somehow Sad

Try SmartFTP. They have a 30 day trial Smile

The only thing I dislike about SmartFTP is it lacks a drag-and-drop feature. But, I just select the files I want and right-click, then click "Download to->". It works, 'cause with most of the FTP servers I connect to, I'm only dling.
I use FileZilla, but prefer SmartFTP. Too lazy to download :/
I use CuteFTP Pro and it's fantastic. I've been using CuteFTP since the 90's. The Pro version is really fast.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I just use the file manager on my CP. I thought that was really good? So you're saying there are cooler things to use as an FTP client.

Anyone recommend a good free one for me?
Right now I am auctually using the cPanel file manager, but I would prefer FileZilla if it worked Gratte

@Sam what OS are you on?
[Image: donation_drive_sig.png]
@ SehCure, no. I don't believe in this.

I'm on Windows XP Professional
I really need multiple connects since I often FTP dozens of files at once. I can upload something like the mybb script in about 10 seconds.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Basic]How to Upload files via FTP Peter L 11 2,412 12-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Peter L
  What is the ftp host that starts with Cwa? nevets04 1 640 11-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Akshay*