Poll: Do you password protect your BIOS?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No
61.54%
8 61.54%
Yes
30.77%
4 30.77%
What is a BIOS?
7.69%
1 7.69%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Do you password protect your Bios?
No I don't, but I don't know why I should. I think I'll do it anyways.
(04-21-2010, 01:50 PM)Omniscient Wrote: The bios themselves or the boot up sequence?

On laptops I do a bios password so the system won't boot unless it's entered. Too many stolen or lost laptops get into the hands of evil people.

i have done the same thing.

(04-21-2010, 02:16 PM)jhfire Wrote: No I don't, but I don't know why I should. I think I'll do it anyways.

Anyone who gets behind your computer can go screw with the BIOS, also things like Konboot. I'm sure there is other ways too, just adds an extra layer of security.

I think I'll look up how to now, since I honestly don't know. I'm thinking of ways to secure my laptop in case it gets stolen, though, so this would help.
No, Im the only one using the computer, almoust.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
I don't password protect my BIOS yet, but I will when I get my new laptop. It's got fingerprint scanning to unlock the BIOS.
[Image: b7yj2x.png]
(04-21-2010, 04:57 PM)Foresight Wrote: I don't password protect my BIOS yet, but I will when I get my new laptop. It's got fingerprint scanning to unlock the BIOS.

Might I ask what is that for? Do you feel insecured? Won't it be easier, to protect certain folders with the same PW.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
(04-21-2010, 05:15 PM)Uchiha Sasuke Wrote: Might I ask what is that for? Do you feel insecured? Won't it be easier, to protect certain folders with the same PW.

Well, to be honest, password protecting folders individually is annoying without 3rd party software. Password protecting (and fingerprinting) the BIOS is a lot more safe, since they can't even boot without the password/fingerprint. Plus, there're probably many workarounds to screw over any password protecting software you have for your folders. I think, though, that such security would only be necessary in the case that your laptop is stolen.
(04-21-2010, 05:15 PM)Uchiha Sasuke Wrote: Might I ask what is that for? Do you feel insecured? Won't it be easier, to protect certain folders with the same PW.
No, I just want to use that feature because it seems cool. I've heard of fingerprint protection, but I never got to try it. I might disable it if it gets annoying.
[Image: b7yj2x.png]
(04-21-2010, 04:34 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: I think I'll look up how to now, since I honestly don't know. I'm thinking of ways to secure my laptop in case it gets stolen, though, so this would help.

You can have a quick look at this video if you want,

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoxTPeRZAgc[/yt]

No, i didn't make the video and yes it's pretty bad quality, but you get the idea.

I don't use a BIOS password. Aside from the fact that I don't have any important files on my computer, I don't plan on my computer being stolen either :p

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TEST HOW SECURE IS YOUR PASSWORD TODAY! Resistance 1 546 01-20-2013, 11:29 PM
Last Post: tifenni
  Free Brazzer Password? onebot 2 2,542 12-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Last Post: onebot
  Browser Password Detection. Viciousness 1 365 10-30-2009, 08:06 PM
Last Post: manipulate