Support Forums

Full Version: Do you password protect your Bios?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Lol, i haven't made a poll yet and decided to make one. I couldn't really think of anything.
I see no poll ^^, and no I don't
(04-21-2010, 11:36 AM)PaaYbAAcK Wrote: [ -> ]I see no poll ^^, and no I don't

It's there, sorry about the delay.
No delay, I think I was too quick, we posted at the same minute, sorry ^^
i don't password pretect it. i just cover it in nacho cheese when i'm not using my PC. stops people better than a BIOSes password.
No, I don't.
The bios themselves or the boot up sequence?

On laptops I do a bios password so the system won't boot unless it's entered. Too many stolen or lost laptops get into the hands of evil people.
Yes.

I'm 14, I have a notebook, and 2 brothers.

Bios protected, and and login.

I was wondering is there anyway to bypass one Tongue?
Since without entering the password you can't do crap, not even reformat :/.
Nothing on my HD that would be of any importance to anyone else, just sentimental value really, I used to have a boot option that reinstalled windows (wiping my HD), that showed up on Grub Loader, but I got rid of Grub Loader and it's hidden again, the reinstall option is built into my notebook, didn't want anyone going on that.

I still keep it pass protected, gotten used to it, would feel vulnerable, now that I'm used to it.

(04-21-2010, 01:53 PM)Hatashi Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering is there anyway to bypass one Tongue?
Since without entering the password you can't do crap, not even reformat :/.

Yes, you could remove the HD and put it into another PC, and most BIOS's have back door passwords, Google "BIOS back door passwords *put Hardware manufacture here*".
No, I don't password protect my BIOS. Although, I probably should do...
Pages: 1 2 3 4