Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
- Exercise - Make Yourself Feel Better -
As an internet addict I often found myself staring at my monitors blankly browsing through pages without really paying any attention to the content.

I feel boredom plays a fairly large factor in depression, especially for avid internet users.

I often found myself in a rut, no motivation, not caring, not living! You only have one life, live it to the fullest.

So why exercise?

Exercise can really help to give your life a jump-start for MANY reasons, the pros of exercising include:
  • Exercise will transform the way you look at yourself AND the world.
  • Exercise releases certain endorphins into your brain, these endorphins fill you with euphoria.
  • Exercise will make you feel good about your body even before the results are seen by others.
  • Exercise can give you self-confidence and combat depression and anxiety.
  • Exercise will get you bitches. (Jokes Tongue)

To summarise, exercise will make you FEEL BETTER!

Exercise will get you out of that little rut you're in, stuck behind a monitor feeling like you have no purpose in life.

Get out and exercise, contrary to popular belief you do not need expensive equipment to exercise effectively. For example, push-ups work multiple muscle groups and all you need is your own body and when was the last time you went for a jog around the block?

I thought I'd post this just in case this was the push someone needed. Obviously not the most well written post ever but the message is there.

Best of luck.

Ethical
[Image: 73gfi8.jpg]
Very good post indeed. I personally exercise in my spare time and it is immensely good to do. I realize sometimes when I am staying up doing nothing I could have that time to exercise even more. I have been working with my dad on the roofs during Spring break still since I have no school and it has been brutal carrying heavy gas tanks down stairs in diners and working in the humid sun. I probably lost a lot of weight from that..
(04-07-2010, 11:36 PM)johngianni Wrote: Very good post indeed. I personally exercise in my spare time and it is immensely good to do. I realize sometimes when I am staying up doing nothing I could have that time to exercise even more. I have been working with my dad on the roofs during Spring break still since I have no school and it has been brutal carrying heavy gas tanks down stairs in diners and working in the humid sun. I probably lost a lot of weight from that..

Thanks for the positive feedback, I appreciate it!

Yeah, that does sound pretty brutal haha, I'm sure you're getting fit though.

Keep at it.

Ethical
(04-07-2010, 11:40 PM)Ethical Wrote: Thanks for the positive feedback, I appreciate it!

Yeah, that does sound pretty brutal haha, I'm sure you're getting fit though.

Keep at it.

Ethical

Thanks. I should remind my dad about Child Work Labor Laws. I am only 14 and he forces me to work. But still, work is a good method to get exercise when you don't even know it. Maybe not in the office which is were I want to be where I get older but still.
(04-07-2010, 11:51 PM)johngianni Wrote: Thanks. I should remind my dad about Child Work Labor Laws. I am only 14 and he forces me to work. But still, work is a good method to get exercise when you don't even know it. Maybe not in the office which is were I want to be where I get older but still.

Haha, I think I'll probably end up in an office when I'm older, too. =\

I really would prefer some kind of job that requires physical fitness though.

Ethical
(04-07-2010, 11:56 PM)Ethical Wrote: Haha, I think I'll probably end up in an office when I'm older, too. =\

I really would prefer some kind of job that requires physical fitness though.

Ethical

Most do. On top of work you need to eat right and do everything right too. For instance, a Real Estate person gets exercise by walking around the house. It may seem ridiculous but every bit of movement counts.
(04-07-2010, 11:58 PM)johngianni Wrote: Most do. On top of work you need to eat right and do everything right too. For instance, a Real Estate person gets exercise by walking around the house. It may seem ridiculous but every bit of movement counts.

That's very true, I hope whatever happens I don't end up becoming one of those overweight office employees who is too exhausted after a day of work to be bothered exercising after it. Doing nothing only decreases your motivation and encourages you to do nothing even more.

Ethical
(04-07-2010, 11:14 PM)Ethical Wrote: As an internet addict I often found myself staring at my monitors blankly browsing through pages without really paying any attention to the content.

So do I, almost all the time. I like this layout though, will follow it for sure.
[Image: 0fcb61bd256add2d3b03271e3fa0cfbb.gif]
(04-08-2010, 12:07 AM)Tank Wrote: So do I, almost all the time. I like this layout though, will follow it for sure.

Thanks for the positive feedback. Smile I'm glad you can relate.

Ethical
(04-08-2010, 12:04 AM)Ethical Wrote: That's very true, I hope whatever happens I don't end up becoming one of those overweight office employees who is too exhausted after a day of work to be bothered exercising after it. Doing nothing only decreases your motivation and encourages you to do nothing even more.

Ethical

Exactly. The more overweight you are you lose up and is not as motivated to get up and improve.
[Image: 25ibtxj.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excessive Exercise Is Dangerous arnoldbrame 0 623 04-04-2014, 12:41 AM
Last Post: arnoldbrame
  Health, Benefits of Exercise. Drakee 24 3,095 10-12-2012, 02:49 AM
Last Post: richardshelton
  Exercise possible with broken collarbone? Metapod 9 2,030 02-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Last Post: noval
  Use your furniture to exercise in your room. Reality 11 1,809 12-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Last Post: King
  Share your fitness/training/exercise program. Methanity 12 2,703 11-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Rainbow Dash