Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will SupportForums ever be as big as Hackforums?
Quote:Right now, Omniscient hasn't given his full attention to Support Forums due to obvious reasons

SF gets more of my attention than you think. If I feel this site needs something I add it. I'm not the type of webmaster that adds all the bells and whistles all at once. I think that's a bad move. I'm adding things gradually. Not only does it give members something to talk about but it also helps keep the site fresh and new feeling.

I've already shown via stats in other threads that SF is doing better than HF was in it's first 10 months. It's yet to be seen how year 2 will go because HF had huge growth. It's all going to depend on search engine results and if we can convert visitors to members. I think we can.

And HF is not for sale. And if it was it would be $xxx,xxx range.

Quote:most kids go looking on the internet to learn hacking!

I don't believe that. My kids use the web to mainly play games.

Quote:but SF will eventually stop whereas HF will always have incoming traffic

I don't think anyone anticipated the size of HF. I certainly didn't. So easy to say now that HF being this big is natural but would you have said that 2 years ago? There are huge forums on the web based on less appealing content than SF. I don't see a single reason why this site can't be huge in the future.

btw this thread was started 5 months ago. Even since then this site has tripled in traffic.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I think that Omniscient is basic correct.
(08-11-2010, 09:29 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I don't think anyone anticipated the size of HF. I certainly didn't. So easy to say now that HF being this big is natural but would you have said that 2 years ago? There are huge forums on the web based on less appealing content than SF. I don't see a single reason why this site can't be huge in the future.

btw this thread was started 5 months ago. Even since then this site has tripled in traffic.

No your right nobody dared even imagine HF's visitor size, however 2 years ago I would have said exactly what I just said then. There will always be people wanting to learn how to hack mostly because of movies. HF continues to get visitors because of the content that is there which is because of what members have put, the members of SF also have great amounts of knowledge to share and this will have amazing content which to quote you will "convert visitors to members".
[Image: electricdreamswithborde.png]
I don't think it will be... I can't seem to find the theme for this website, It basically feels like a white hat HF, but SF does't wear the white hat around town. I'm starting to see small black hat things here also.
It is possible for it to be as big as HackForums.

Omniscient could simple make HackForums redirect to SupportForums for like a few days and SupportForums will be big.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hackforums down? Bricktober 1 1,162 06-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Last Post: DAMINK™
  Hackforums down? Deface Loop 1 574 06-25-2012, 05:30 AM
Last Post: DAMINK™
  Hackforums down for just me? -Epic 14 4,207 06-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Last Post: Mark I. Mcclam
  hackforums down ? haXton- 1 753 10-23-2011, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  Hackforums Down? _Un!corn 5 1,825 09-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Fragma