Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
[TUT] Change Eyes Colour [Simple]
I always find that the magnetic tool is really inaccurate for me.
(04-24-2010, 06:58 AM)Sam Wrote: I always find that the magnetic tool is really inaccurate for me.

Use regular pen tool.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
Yeah, But I think It is simple to select the eye with Lasso Tool Big Grin
[Image: ShuTdown.png]
Looks really good man.
I use the elliptical as well, it kind of selects it on its own too if you just go over the eye. Tongue
Simple tutorial, epic win. Thank you. Big Grin

*100th post*
A very simple, yet decent guide, thanks for posting.
"Don't treat life as a losing battle, but as an ongoing challenge."
[Image: df0oS.png]
I've used this before actually, and it's really sweet Smile
[Image: Respect.png]
Show Respect, Earn Respect.
An almost legal teen (XVII), social media whore, politics and technology lover. Good at misanthropy.
It's a good tutorial, but that's not how you would do it completely. You should have applied a guassian blur on the colored layer as well, some of the blue will still show in the last image of your tutorial when you deselect it. Also, you shouldn't really have the pupil colored with that layer, you should have deselected it from your selection before you colored it in.

Edit: This is the worst possible way to do it since you don't have the option to edit it later. I didn't realise at first that you were editing the original image. What you SHOULD do is make a new layer, color the selection in, and change the blend option to "Color" or "Overlay" depending on what you like. "Overlay" works best when the eye is desaturated. Apply a guassian blur to redefine the sharp edges and make it blend in better, then if you want you can change the fill of that layer to 0% and go to change the color of the layer in the layer properties, with the blend mode on "color" so you can re-edit it over and over without any time wasted.

This is how the eye color should be changed. The original image should never be changed, you can add layers and layer masks over it to edit it. or layer adjustments to change something over a number of layers.
Thanks for thit simple tutorial , Realy looks nice.
Thanks for share OP.
[Image: 6fp9it.png]
Thanks alot for this tutorial Smile
I might use this ! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TuT] Simple Trick To Improve Image Quality [TuT] Decept ♥ 24 4,244 03-20-2012, 05:13 AM
Last Post: m1chAel
  [Tut] How To Make A 3D Text Signature [Tut] Roro 52 14,374 11-25-2011, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Jinu
  [TuT] Making a Support Forums Group Image [TuT] Decept ♥ 42 12,160 11-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Last Post: John.
  [TuT] How to make a signature [TuT][Noob-friendly] Mangix 5 968 11-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Detroit
  [TuT]Abstract, motion smudge sig[My First GFX TuT] Teruko 6 1,642 08-01-2011, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Teruko