Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tut] How To Make A 3D Text Signature [Tut]
Hello guys, today I will be showing you how to make a simple 3D signature in Photoshop CS4.

Examples:

Here we go.

Step one:
Make a document, between 300x100 to 400x150 (I usually use 380x120)

Step Two:
Next thing you want to do is pick a font type you text, make sure you place the text exactly where you want it to be.

Step Three:
Now press "V" on your keyboard to change to the move tool, then what you want do is hold Alt and alternate between two arrows, for ex: up,left,up,left or down,right,down,right until you have copied the layer about 10-15 times.

Step Four:
Ok, now we're going to merge all the layer together except one of them. To do this hold Ctrl and click on all the layers, after you have them all highlighted right click and choose Rasterize Type, after that right click again and choose Merge Layers.

Step Five:
Next thing we're going to do is move the only layer that isn't rasterized to the top and right click on it, then press blending options. When the screen pops up, choose what pattern you want and put a Bevel and Emboss. One more thing you're going to do is put a Bevel and Emboss to the settings I will show you. So here is what I did:

Step Six:

Now, for the color, just highlight the text and change it how you would normally change the color for text.

Note: If you want to change the color for the copied layers, go to blending options and change the color overlay. Also, make sure to save the picture as PNG, to keep the transparency.

Here's what I finished with.
[Image: 3DTextSignature.png]
Thanks for this share, I'm in love with Photoshop, even though I'm crap at it.
THanks ..ITs a nice tut but I rather like isgnatures with some piucs and more couloured text..
[Image: 29bpfs.png]

(06-17-2010, 02:12 PM)Anubis™ Wrote: THanks ..ITs a nice tut but I rather like isgnatures with some piucs and more couloured text..

Agreed, pictures do make signatures look nicer.
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll be making a render signature tutorial next.
This was my first tutorial.
[Image: lolol.png]

Now you're in denial
Thought you were the only one until you found my number on the speed dial
Thanks for the information dude I like it.
Good work for a first tutorial, keep it up. Much of what you explain in text can be explained by an image, so try using some next time.
Yeah, I noticed I was using too much text at some times, thanks for the feedback.
[Image: lolol.png]

Now you're in denial
Thought you were the only one until you found my number on the speed dial
It's a rather nice tutorial. I'll be sure to experiment with this a little. I haven't done any type of 3D work, but this will probably be my first attempt.

Excellent job!
Thanks for the tutorial. :]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TuT] Spiderman tyge 11 2,515 03-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Toph
  [Tut] Basic Signature [Guac] Bat Wang 3 763 03-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Last Post: Toph
  [TuT] Simple Trick To Improve Image Quality [TuT] Decept ♥ 24 4,202 03-20-2012, 05:13 AM
Last Post: m1chAel
  [Video Tut] Make Gamebattles Logos [Logos HERE] Candyshop 4 1,052 03-20-2012, 05:11 AM
Last Post: m1chAel
  [Tutorial]A nice signature Text Hardii 25 4,353 03-14-2012, 02:13 AM
Last Post: Tactical_Magma