Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaming Laptops?
Dell Alienware M17X

BinaryGFX — With Alienware’s BinaryGFX technology, users have the ability to switch between discrete or integrated graphics.

Stealth Mode — While in Stealth Mode, discrete graphics cards are turned off and other components throttle down to achieve a 65W power limit.

Your Command Center

Alienware Command Center provides intuitive, user-friendly access to exclusive applications and controls, including AlienFX® lighting effects software and AlienFusion power management system. Updates and new releases download directly into Command Center, creating a constantly evolving tool for modifying and personalizing your M17x.

AlienSense — This facial recognition software identifies numerous distinguishing features, utilizing the M17x’s webcam to read and verify biometric measurements that cannot be faked or stolen like a typed password.

Powerfully Unique Design

Power isn’t only on the inside of the Alienware M17x. Protect your world with Alienware’s all-new, anodized aluminum case design with aggressive lines and in-your-face attitude that can manage your thermals and look good doing it. And you can personalize your machine with a choice of two color options: Metallic Silver or Metallic Black.

QuickTouch system control pad — Run your fingers above the keyboard on your M17x and you won’t feel a thing. Your laptop, however, will. The Alienware QuickTouch control pad uses touch-capacitive sensors to access and manage power and volume controls, Bluetooth® and wireless connectivity and Command Center and Stealth Mode launch functions. Illuminated by the dramatic AlienFX lighting control system, QuickTouch renders mechanical buttons and control knobs obsolete.

Stunning Display — See bolder colors on the 17¨ widescreen LCD display. Featuring a dual CCFL back-lit LCD with higher brightness, the Alienware M17x will display more detailed, higher-quality imagery than single CCFL displays. And with an 8-ms response time, ghosting will be a thing of the past.

Webcam — The 2.0-megapixel webcam and digital microphone array lets you broadcast across the web, while wireless capabilities have you up and running anytime, anywhere.

Personalized plaque — Turn over your new Alienware M17x and check out the laser-etched nameplate* that proclaims your custom-built M17x is unique to only you. (*Personalized nameplate is not available in Nordic languages.)

Anodized aluminum — Sophistication. Protection. Durability. Alienware M17x’s case design combines a long life span with naturally textured beauty that can withstand normal wear and tear. Considering the amount of gaming power the M17x pumps out, a case that can manage thermals efficiently and has plenty of strength to protect everything inside is essential. The M17x’s anodized aluminum case design boasts aggressive lines and an in-your-face attitude.
(10-08-2009, 06:48 PM)HuNt3R Wrote: Dell Alienware M17X
wait dell makes alienware???
(10-08-2009, 06:55 PM)SpydR Wrote: wait dell makes alienware???
Dell acquired them.
(10-08-2009, 06:56 PM)Hanzo Wrote: Dell acquired them.
wow
best is "dell me laptops"

for gaming
[Image: 2d75599e9a.png]:superman:
Alienware laptop > Any desktop computers ;)
I would buy one of those laptops if I had money
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

My ASUS is beast. It was only $1124 with tax, and it has 4GB DDR3 RAM, 2GHz Intel CPU, nVidia GeForce GTX 260M (Cuda 1GB) and a 17.3" widescren monitor. It also comes with a built in cam and microphone.

Plus, it looks freakin awesome.

[Image: ASUS-G60-Gaming-Laptop.jpg]

All of that lights up neon blue.
(10-09-2009, 04:37 AM)MortenMoulder Wrote: Alienware laptop > Any desktop computers ;)
I would buy one of those laptops if I had money

lol Alienwares are like the Macs of Windows, overpriced and shiny but not quite good enough for how much you're paying.

An Alienware laptop equivilent of my ASUS is $700 more.
Wow, wasn't expecting the amount of inputs for this.

To clarify, I have a desktop (check the hardware thread for my post) that can easily take on most high end games these days. What I'm looking for is an alternative to Alienware laptops (because it's obviously expensive), I'm after multimedia and gaming power, durability is secondary, portability is tertiary (I wouldn't mind a 2kg, 17", as long as it can fit in my rover pack/big bag pack, it's fine by me). In a few months, I won't be as home as much and I'll need a mobile "desktop" that could fit in my bag as I go. Thank you for all your inputs. Please keep them coming. Big Grin

So far, that Gateway that WhatsTheFourOneOne and the Asus that John posted are looking good. Big Grin
[Image: wa3bbk.jpg]
Help us help you...
Dell Studio XPS 16. Have core i7s pretty light and good gaming rigs if you actually want something portable.
My brother purchased this laptop, I'm not sure of the price but for a laptop the specs are fantastic.

http://www.eurocom.com/products/showroom...del_id=202

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3 laptops tomism0 10 1,454 07-21-2010, 08:08 PM
Last Post: RedOwn