Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
y = mx + b , point slope formula, y2 - y1 over x2 - x1
(06-18-2010, 03:37 AM)potent Wrote: I get the whole meaning of life equation and all.. but what's getting laid?

O.o

Getting laid means to have sexual intercourse.

That getting laid formula was hilarious. xD Although, the other one was just a little too long to memorize. It's easier to memorize the formula's themselves.

Personally, these formulas always came easy to me. Most of math did, I guess it's just repetition.
Blackhat
The y intercept is the point in which the line goes through the y parallel, to get that number insert x = 0 into the equation. Finding the slope is even easier, just remember rise over run, height over width, y = rise, x = run.
(04-06-2010, 07:08 AM)Whizdom™ Wrote: For me, I found those the easiest to remember. Repetition helps. When you are faced with a graph, use your formulas. I used to also use them as my passwords for things when I was in school and trying to remember. Also have someone in your house hold on to your extra money. Then have it set up for it to be that you have to recite your formulas before you are awarded with your money.

That is an amazing idea. Make soemthing you need to remember your password. Then write it down so you keep looking at it until you remember it. Awesome.
[Image: idoS6W.png]
I can teach you if you still need help..
slowly getting better
My english teacher said if you repeat something 15 times it clicks.
Just keep doing the problems and you'll be good.
Is that 8th grade math lol?
[Image: 2pzmq21.png]
(12-05-2010, 10:33 PM)Thoth Wrote: Just keep doing the problems and you'll be good.
Is that 8th grade math lol?

I was also wondering what level that this was. I am guessing around 8th grade or so.
"I'm not slacking off... my code it compiling"
Why bump a dead thread?
All you need to do is differentiate between the 3 main formulas point slope, slope intercept, and standard form. You'll be using those from about 6th grade to Calculus 3. If you can differentiate those 3, then remembering them isn't going to be hard. I always had the biggest problem associating the names with the correct formula. So i hope that tip helps.
What I did for this, back in 1st year high school, was that I tried to practice everyday. Usually, there are problems at every chapter of a math book right? I'll solve one with the notebook open, the next problem, I set the notebook aside and rely on the solution I used in the previous problem and so on until it sticks in your head and you don't have to look at the previous problems that you have answered.
Quote:My religion tells me that God made the universe. My science tells me how.

[Image: 034_p16.jpg]