Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
y = mx + b , point slope formula, y2 - y1 over x2 - x1
good luck memorizing the quadratic formula...
quadratic formula is easy because theres a song for it...plus if you keep using it you'll remember without trying.
i just dont know how i got over with it....
i personally think that as u do problems based on it..it gets inscribed in ur mind...
but thats not the case with Trigonometry..with all the sine and cos..i just hate it..
(05-01-2010, 07:02 PM)rooneyful Wrote: i just dont know how i got over with it....
i personally think that as u do problems based on it..it gets inscribed in ur mind...
but thats not the case with Trigonometry..with all the sine and cos..i just hate it..

sine and cosine is easy. so is all the others. Once you do lots of problems it's inscribed in your mind like you said.
To me, formulas aren't something you can just remember and life is good. Formulas were made for a reason; they don't just want you to have to memorize a random set of letters and operations for nothing, you need to learn to implement them into how you solve problems. So, when doing homework that involves these formulas, write the original formula down and substitute in the numbers and solve. Once you understand what the formula is used for, associating the names to it will be easy.
well said rofl
I just do it over and over again. I do all the textbook questions and look for ones on the internet.
(05-24-2010, 06:15 PM)Omniscient Wrote: We take HF refugees in bulk.
Lol
(04-06-2010, 06:56 AM)php Wrote: I've been having a tutor for the past week or two. I had no background in geometry nor algebra (I've done it, just blew it off). I'm trying to understand these three things more straightly. Because every time the tutor comes to my house, he has to refresh my memory with the "y = mx + b", "y2 - y2 (over) x2 - x1", and the "point slope formula. My question is, is there a way that this can be permanently injected into my brain? I'll even go for a song. I just need to get this down, because my tutor gets pissed when I go brain dead after he explained the exact same thing to me a day earlier.

Thanks.

ok this is really perverted, but with this im sure youll remember

y=mx+b

getting laid=girl times amount of drinks plus you have a car

y2-y1=x2-x1

ok this one is retarded, and makes fun of star trek, but it works

do the spok thing with your hands, both of them, then put them together. The two longer fingers (y2) plus the two shorter fingers (y1) have to equal the same size as your other hands long fingers (x2) minus its shorter fingers (x1). If they dont equal each other, you have an abnormality of your body (error)

Does this help?
I remembered the actual formula, but I always get stuck on how to put these to use sometimes. Ive only just started learning it in my Grade 9 Math class.
My SMF Modifications:
http://anthony.vibrantvps.com/smf
(05-23-2010, 05:41 PM)Fallenour Wrote: ok this is really perverted, but with this im sure youll remember

y=mx+b

getting laid=girl times amount of drinks plus you have a car

y2-y1=x2-x1

ok this one is retarded, and makes fun of star trek, but it works

do the spok thing with your hands, both of them, then put them together. The two longer fingers (y2) plus the two shorter fingers (y1) have to equal the same size as your other hands long fingers (x2) minus its shorter fingers (x1). If they dont equal each other, you have an abnormality of your body (error)

Does this help?

I get the whole meaning of life equation and all.. but what's getting laid?