Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speech 4 - Getting over things.
(04-06-2010, 12:42 PM)Nima304 Wrote: Sometimes staying positive is tiring, and you're too strong to be completely depressed. That's my situation, I normally am in a cool, calm, semi-depression.

Not at all. It may be tiring to some, but it's the better life, don't you think? I've been there, done that.
(04-05-2010, 05:11 PM)Yin Wrote: If your girlfriend/boyfriend has broken up with you, and you're absolutely heart broken, well, here's a tip. Think about other people. Replacement dating could work, maybe to make the other jealous or just to get over it. However, think about that other person while you're at it. Move on, hang out with friends, and try to talk to that person as a friend, nothing more.

Casual dating to help you get over your last relationship can be helpful, and many find what they call a "transitional lover."

The problem with that though is you wake up one day and realize you've been having sex with someone you don't even really like! Which basically means you have to accept the fact that you've just been using them for your own personal, and rather selfish needs, and unless they were doing the same, well, if you possess a conscience you'll realize that what you did was pretty slimy.

Trying to make someone who dumped you jealous by dating someone else? Doesn't usually work, and again, using another person like that just to get back at someone else is behavior worthy of only a slimeball.

There are far more constructive ways to "get over" someone that don't require victimizing another person by setting them up to have their heart broken as well.

If you absolutely feel the need for revenge, it's better to do so directly. You'll feel better about yourself that way.
[Image: MajorDav3.png]
I find being around friends is the thing that helps me most, just getting my mind off it.

Ethical
[Image: 73gfi8.jpg]
You're right majordave, but some people still prefer to do "transitional" loving.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I have to end things with my GF and I'm so very sad about it -- feeling so alone soul3 0 619 07-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Last Post: soul3
  Should I go? Or try to just talk things out. XBLPET™ 1 612 02-05-2014, 03:47 AM
Last Post: Clark
  Things. Monster 2 543 09-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Last Post: penguinknight
  Turning to alchohol when things go wrong TalishHF 15 2,480 01-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Last Post: Graphic™
  Things Fall Apart Lеgеnd 10 1,456 12-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Sodomy