Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New HDD!
Finaly got my new HardDrive I have bean waiting so long just got the change to go get it. I bought two 500Gb HardDrive but for some reason my pc is not picking the other then up its only picking one up.

Please help me thanks....
Go to your bios and change contreller settings from AHCI to IDE or vise versa.

OR

You need to format your hard disk before you actually use it. Go to start >> run>> type: compmgmt.msc

Then a page will open up, click on storage and then click on Disk management, wait 5 seconds and then windows will show you all connected hard disks to your computer. Pick up the one that is unrecognized and format it.

Hope this is what you after.
Well , In my opinion the best way is formating.
You should format it in first use as DarkByte said. If you'll use Windows to NTFS format and EXT3 for Linux O.S
Go into Disk Manager to make sure the disk drive is "initialized." Google the steps to do that [and what it means] if you're confused. But if you've tried the BIOS thing, then this is probably your issue.
Sorry about this stupid question but was is the function for the bios seting i totaly forgot it
free bump i need to know this aswell
What OS are you running?

- Have you tried swapping the drives places?
- All wires are in?
- Replacement wires?
- Boot into a Live CD and see if you can see the drive there?
Did anyone take into account that the power supply might not be good enough to handle all of them?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDD's Sound malfoy_G_PIR 2 737 10-14-2014, 04:16 AM
Last Post: Aura
  Suggest me an OS for 2nd hdd Herm1t 21 3,308 03-13-2011, 07:26 AM
Last Post: χєℓD4RK-H4x0Rℓєχ
  HDD Not Registering Jordan L. 13 2,619 03-09-2011, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Codad Law
  Portable HDD Codad Law 13 4,200 03-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Last Post: gsp
  [Help] Seagate Portable HDD. ––––•(-• Ωмεgα •-)•–––– 6 1,462 01-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Deltron