Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DDoS Attacks.
(02-16-2010, 05:28 PM)Aristotle Wrote: I assume you don't have cable then. It sucks you can't do that Sad

If his using a Modem he should be attached using a cable.
Yes I have cable. And any connection is going to require a modem. DSL, Cable, or Dial-Up.

The ISP assigns an IP with DHCP and that utilizes mac address. You can also try to change the mac address on your modem if it supports that. But then it's likely your ISP won't give you a connection as they require all modems to be certified with them.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(02-16-2010, 07:18 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Yes I have cable. And any connection is going to require a modem. DSL, Cable, or Dial-Up.

The ISP assigns an IP with DHCP and that utilizes mac address. You can also try to change the mac address on your modem if it supports that. But then it's likely your ISP won't give you a connection as they require all modems to be certified with them.

Or get a DHCP-server youself Evilgrin
I don't understand TBH ,
You are getting DDoSed or your website?

Sorry =/
If you do that what Omni say to do it may change it is in the modem.
(02-16-2010, 08:23 AM)Omniscient Wrote: There ya go. You just need to get a new IP.

Me personally..I have a secondary modem. What I can do is call them and say my modem broke but I bought a new one. They'll switch service to my new modem and I'll immediately get a new IP.

Yes, I'm slick like that. I have plans for everything.

Thats a pretty good idea Omni Smile
Next time this happens just block port 80...
and restart router...
OR get behind a vpn then host
(02-16-2010, 08:23 AM)Omniscient Wrote: There ya go. You just need to get a new IP.

Me personally..I have a secondary modem. What I can do is call them and say my modem broke but I bought a new one. They'll switch service to my new modem and I'll immediately get a new IP.

Yes, I'm slick like that. I have plans for everything.

LOL I love it...
Me: (Hey ISP. Yeah I broke the modem again)
ISP: (This is your 8th time dude...)
Lolol
slowly getting better
Now omni has solved the problem of you getting hit but the other problem is how they got your ip and what your going to do about it.
Yet another time Omniscient saves the day, lol.
I remember when 2 years ago I got ddosed by a 6k botnet.

I was in private kalonline server development forum for 1.5 years and made a really good priate server, and finally i found someone who bought me a rootserver for 1 year. That person worked as a web programmer and his nick was mia, he even started to make me a website, but the problems started when players started to donate, he got mad and took all, and then he changed root pw also :S

About a month later another really good ( like 5* better then me ) kal developer gifted me a rootserver since he got fking much donations. The funny thing was this mia guy wanted to start my project... fortunately he didnt know anything about that, but when i restarted my project on new root he ddosed my website from the start and none could register at all ;(

If i think back he must be a rly experienced person, i remember he said he ddosing me with 6k botnet, and none of my friend could do anything against that, and root company didnt helped me :S

My private server is still existing but almost never run it, tho all is installed Big Grin

http://muksokingdom1.no-ip.org/futurekal/ still thinking on what if i would try again.... but unfrotunately some idiots made packet hack and currently none is selling a great hackshield, kalonline private server community is about to die :/

some ppl tried to make an emulator, but then never finished writing the serverside :S