Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DDoS Attacks.
Hello there.

I am sorry for posting this in the wrong section, but this is getting a very big and personal problem.

After the release of my own forum, (Sourceexploits.net) my home connection has been hit several times by heavy DDoS attacks. (I'm quite sure I know who this is, but that is unrelated)

I haven't been able to connect to the internet or use the phone for about 16 hours now.
I called my ISP which was wondering why I was recieving 98Mb of packets each second. They are currently watching my connection 24/7 and will come with an solution this wednesday.

Why I am posting this is because, first of all I know Omniscient has become quite a professional about DDoS attacks, but remember, this is my personal connection getting hit and not a website.

I am hoping one of you has any kind of answer, maybe to help stopping this disaster.

I also have some questions.

Windows Firewall, would that help? Or should I download any other kind of?
Currently my routers firewall is set to medium (Low, Medium, High) Protection. I am not able to connect to it while getting attacked.

Thanks in advance, iGirls.

(I am not home at this moment that is why I am able to post)

EDIT; 20.20.20.20:80 is one of the IP's which was giving me a lot of packets. Anyone know what that is?
Disconnect the power and connection from your modem. Some ISPs will give you a new IP once you reset but you may have to wait 24 hours and that's no guarantee.

If someone is flooding you with a full pipe blast you can't do anything about it. Your ISP is the only people and if they're idiots or unequiped to deal wit it then you're screwed.

This is why hosting from home is a terrible idea.

You should ask if your ISP can block port 80 incoming requests. Realistically you need to stop hosting from home.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(02-14-2010, 11:01 AM)Omniscient Wrote: Disconnect the power and connection from your modem. Some ISPs will give you a new IP once you reset but you may have to wait 24 hours and that's no guarantee.

If someone is flooding you with a full pipe blast you can't do anything about it. Your ISP is the only people and if they're idiots or unequiped to deal wit it then you're screwed.

This is why hosting from home is a terrible idea.

You should ask if your ISP can block port 80 incoming requests. Realistically you need to stop hosting from home.

Thanks a lot for the fast reply.

I am not hosting it at home, but for example on Hackforums under Steam and gaming you see the thread called "Sourceexploits.net sucks". I'm not quite sure how they got my IP, but there is several easy ways through the pathetic Source Engine.

Indeed, they were idiots, (No offense, I talked to a girl). I kept saying that I had big packets in-coming and she just told me to reset the Router, I said I was sure it wouldn't work, though that was her only solution.
I did so, and it didn't work.

She then redirected me to the Administration of my ISP which is now watching it.

Worst thing would be my ISP saying they can't do crap.
Yeah, hosting from home is a bad idea because a search of your webpage IP, will return your home IP and basically screw you. Just wait for your ISP to figure things out, all you can really do.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
Try a second ISP. If you split you ISPs in two is a good way to sto attacks, even if for just a short while.
You should use proxies when posting on those hacker forums and other forums.
mods and admins can get your ip and do ddos attacks.

You could do change mac on your router and reboot your router and get new ip that way.
PROBLEM SOLVED.

My ISP finally contacted me today.
Talked with them for quite a while.

I ended up "forcing" them to change my WAN, as I personally knew that would help, after them telling me to reboot the router 3 times.
Problem is now solved, and I can now change my WAN between 5 different IP's.
There ya go. You just need to get a new IP.

Me personally..I have a secondary modem. What I can do is call them and say my modem broke but I bought a new one. They'll switch service to my new modem and I'll immediately get a new IP.

Yes, I'm slick like that. I have plans for everything.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(02-16-2010, 08:23 AM)Omniscient Wrote: There ya go. You just need to get a new IP.

Me personally..I have a secondary modem. What I can do is call them and say my modem broke but I bought a new one. They'll switch service to my new modem and I'll immediately get a new IP.

That is quite an idea.
I've got lots of modems as well..
Thanks Thumbsup
(02-16-2010, 08:23 AM)Omniscient Wrote: There ya go. You just need to get a new IP.

I assume you don't have cable then. It sucks you can't do that Sad