Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the best laptop on the market?
got a Toshiba banana awesome graphics

so yeah 5$ at an Italian grocer
(02-22-2010, 11:33 PM)perFKNspective Wrote: got a Toshiba banana awesome graphics

so yeah 5$ at an Italian grocer

you will not get far in life with such a sad and pathetic attitude like that.

come back when you have got some hair on ya balls m8
(02-11-2010, 05:58 PM)Lukas Wrote: I have a MacBook, and it is by far the best I have ever used.

seriously a MAC. cmon. seriously?

NonoNono
Macbook = garbage. Don't they come with 3gb ram or something crap? :S I currently got 2 gateways, & 1 Acer laptop. Acer = junk. Gateway = Been fine so far (1 year). About a month ago, I bought a touch screen gateway, it has like 1TB hard drive and 8gb ram, I love it.
HP laptops are becoming very good. They used to suck, but now they're being very good. The keyboard is the main part in laptops for sure. The keyboards on HP are just amazing. Alienware M17 (I think that's what they're called) are good for gaming, but way too expensive.
The best laptops can cost upward of $4K or more, and if you're thinking of spending that much, I'd get a Falcon.

For the rest of us, yes, HPs provide relatively good bang for your buck, but also have higher than average failure rates. Alienwares are expensive, but great for gaming, but for a relatively decent combination of great gaming and price, the new Sony's with i7 processors and high end graphics cards can't be beat.

Hope this helps.
[Image: MajorDav3.png]
Sony due to their release of the Sony Vaio, I have one, I love it!
(02-22-2010, 06:18 PM)Omniscient Wrote: I actually think HP has made great advances for their laptops. They have good keyboards, nice screens and reasonable prices. I also like Dell laptops which I have bought 3 of so far but everytime I play with a HP laptop I like it more.

I suggest you go to some stores where you can play with keyboards. IMHO it's one of the most important factors of a laptop. If they keyboard is uncomfortable for you you'll dislike the laptop.
Real talk. It's something you'll be using pretty much every single day, so it HAS to be comfortable. HP's, most of the time, are good workhorse laptops. I've had my Macbook for 3 years now and the only problem I had was HDD failure, which, IMO, was not the laptops fault. In any case, it was SUPER easy to replace, thanks to the good folks at Apple. As far as I know, they were the first company to have this style of keyboard with the keys spaced out from each other so you could get a better feel for the difference between keystrokes. That stood out to me, not sure if you'll appreciate it. Give them a try, though. Apple Store has all they're laptops out on display for anybody to use.
[Image: csx47jm4kbi80w88ajnf.png]
I prefer Toshiba Satellite over anything.
Site Owner: http://www.awesomelounge.com

Feel free to join. It's full of greatness.

[Image: s1ckl3r2.png]
I'm not a fan of the Vaio. I have one, and it's just so glitchy... The java is messed up, can't run VB.. overall it's a below average computer, apart from the 5 gigs of RAM.