Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts on the whole iPad thing.
Sup Losers?

Well I finished what looks like my final revision of my iPad 'article', which is basically me bitching about the Windows fanboys out there, I'd appreciate it if you took the time to read it, it really isn't as long as it looks ;).

Anyway, you can find it here and your feedback and corrections are greatly appreciated, please leave your comments on the actual article if possible, as it'll be easier for me to read them/reply to them.

Thanks.

p.s. - tl;dr's will be met with a report, don't you dare.
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
I am a very nice guy but I hate being called names,

Nice article, there is a few typos that you should correct if possible,
| Conor C - The SkySpace
| Managed and Unmanaged Dedicated Servers and VPS.
| 99.9% Uptime Guarantee • 7 Day Money Back Guarantee
I got about 3/4 way down... then my attention span ran out Tongue
Pretty interesting points, but the only real use I could see for this is maybe for sales in larger companies... or drawing quick/displaying plans for buildings etc.
No practicle use for me Tongue I'll be giving this one a miss.
Why would anyone want an iphone at 5x the size? And even worse pay more for it. I'd rather have an iphone.

Your own admission.

Quote:How is it different? Now, I am willing to admit that _technically_ the iPad is a big iPod Touch and that the key technical difference here is the larger screen,

I am shorting Apple stock because I think the iPad is going to be a big failure.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
You really don't like it do you omni? Thats the second post I've seen from you bagging it!
(02-09-2010, 10:08 AM)ccalby Wrote: I am a very nice guy but I hate being called names,

Nice article, there is a few typos that you should correct if possible,

mind pointing them out?
(02-09-2010, 11:44 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Why would anyone want an iphone at 5x the size? And even worse pay more for it. I'd rather have an iphone.

Your own admission.

I am shorting Apple stock because I think the iPad is going to be a big failure.

Technically.

I agree with Omniscient too, its just bulkier than the touch Huh I think I will stick with my touch Smile
My prediction, Failure for Apple Tongue
| Conor C - The SkySpace
| Managed and Unmanaged Dedicated Servers and VPS.
| 99.9% Uptime Guarantee • 7 Day Money Back Guarantee
It's just a bigger verison of the iPhone. And the touch interface doesn't suit it. To me, it looks ugly and a not well though out idea. If I has the choice between the iPhone and iPad I would go for the iPhone but the Google Nexus is also good so I'd buy that over an iPhone if I had the cash.
We say this, but how many of us actually has an iPad?

(though why waste our hard earned moneys.)
(02-16-2010, 02:34 PM)Maestro Wrote: It's just a bigger verison of the iPhone. And the touch interface doesn't suit it. To me, it looks ugly and a not well though out idea. If I has the choice between the iPhone and iPad I would go for the iPhone but the Google Nexus is also good so I'd buy that over an iPhone if I had the cash.

If the touch interface doesn't suit it then what does?
Also your choice is your choice, just as long as you aren't comparing the iPad with the iPhone.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mac iPad Transter | iPad to Mac/iTunes Backup, Mac to iPad Transfer carl83 7 2,359 10-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Last Post: xadamxk
  How to Transfer videos/Picture to iPad in an easiest way? (For Windowns and Mac) briannachloe 6 4,403 10-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Last Post: xadamxk
  ipad mini e-mail stanulg 1 1,120 06-14-2013, 02:56 AM
Last Post: crthell
  Few questions about iPad Cubs 0 902 11-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Cubs
  3 Reasons to NOT get an iPad 3 Grin 10 2,408 03-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Grin