Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
ThePirateBay says, "Screw you!" to anti-piracy Swedish laws
Well, since the Swedish court systems are collapsing at the feet of "intimidating" record companies and implementing measures to spy on the Swedes' Internet usage, they have to do something, right?

They've released their VPN, IPREDator, which is a comical reference to IPRED, "Intellectual Property Rights Enforcement Directive". It's very cheap, at the price of $20 for 3 months. Here's a copy/paste from their FAQ page:

ipredator.se Wrote:Ipredator is a company incorporated in Sweden. The service is basically a Swedish broadband subscription offered over the Internet. This means that the legal framework mainly consists of the The Electronic Communications Act 2003 389. What will this mean if:

· Swedish authorities or,
· Other organization or individuals demands access to information protected by Ipredator?

Ipredator Safe Surf enjoys the strongest legal protection possible under Swedish Law because of the service type (pre-paid flat-rate service). This means that Ipredator do not have to keep an ordinary customer database (to be able handle transactions etc.). This is of importance if forced to hand over information.

If Swedish authorities can prove beyond reasonable doubt that they have a case for demanding subscription information from Ipredator (they have to be of the opinion that if convicted the user will be imprisoned – fined not enough). .

Ipredator then have to hand over the subscription information entered by you (but that’s all). Ipredator do not store any subscribtion information about you except what you entered yourself when signing up for the Ipredator Safe Surf service.

For Swedish authorities to force Ipredator to hand over “traffic data” including your Ipredator IP at a specific point in time, they will have to prove a case with the minimum sentence of two years imprisonment.

Regarding inquires from other parties than Swedish authorities Ipredator will never hand over any kind of information.

The combination Swedish high-tech encryption and the strongest legal protection give you true access to Internet, safer and speedier then ever before.

I haven't seen any Swedish film companies or music producers complaining. Maybe Disney, Paramount Pictures, and so on would quit trying to run other countries if Sweden would stop letting them. They're out, oh, maybe a million dollars. Their yearly revenue (Disney's) is about 37 billion as per Wikipedia.

Maybe if these companies made movies worth seeing, then people would go see them. I rarely go to the movies nowadays because of that. The last two movies I saw were Avatar and Harry Potter 6.

PS: I posted this because I'm bored, HF has been down for 3+ hours, and I am having withdrawals.
Bumping this, since people are around to read it :p
Nice find.
Interesting to see new turn of events in Sweden...
I wonder what people there thinks about all this...
Any idea on most piracy supporting nation...? Searched, but not much useful information. Just studying on it, that's all...
Giveaway - A Rare Autoblog Guide. PM me for it, by clicking here.

Hey guys. It's Dr.Viper from HF. Howdy.
o HTML and PHP based website design.
o SEO/SEM services.
o Logo & GFX Design services.
And above all, everyone know what i'm good at HF... So,
o Security Consultancy.
I actually follow news about TPB. Their rebellious motives produce ingenious services, like IPREDator. When I heard that they provide bulletproof hosting for WikiLeaks, the whistleblower site, it simply increased my affection for them.
If someone download something from ThePirateBay, Doesn't matter where you are or which country. You still break the law? I know it's illegal too download movies and stuffs like that in sweden. But in other countries, Is it still illegal too download movies and stuffs like that from thepiratebay? Smile
[Image: theblackmarketwqryt.jpg]
Well The Pirate Bay is just so awesome it just says fudge YOU and have a nice day

http://hackedirl.com/2010/04/01/culture-...e-pirates/
Big GrinDD
(04-08-2010, 12:32 AM)Dr.Viper Wrote: Nice find.
Interesting to see new turn of events in Sweden...
I wonder what people there thinks about all this...
Any idea on most piracy supporting nation...? Searched, but not much useful information. Just studying on it, that's all...

Supporting? I read somewhere in the middle east they encourage people to pirate things, so that they damage the USA.
How does this even affect anyone? If I read this correctly, its a service, therefor you ahve to subscribe to it, how can you be affected by something you dont subscribe to?
Legally I find the TPB story fascinating. Thanks for the update.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
I searched for their VPN and its like $149 a month?
Im probably completely wrong and look stupid, but if someone could link me I'd appreciate it Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Screw this DAMINK™ 7 911 01-03-2012, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Norwegian vs. Danish vs. Swedish Elektrisk 18 5,483 04-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Elektrisk
  I hate Swedish. Elektrisk 21 3,248 04-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Last Post: Elektrisk
  Encouraging Piracy? uber1337 5 595 10-29-2009, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Omniscient