Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is JailBreaking a Good Idea?
Use redsn0w if your going to do it, Much safer!
(02-06-2010, 11:19 PM)TheLifelessOne Wrote: > easy jailbreak=good jailbreak.

That easy jailbreak is now crashing my fully (and properly) restored iPod.

Oh sure, blame it on the jailbreak.

(02-06-2010, 09:24 PM)Extasey Wrote: Blackra1n is crap.
It depends on your device if its a good idea or not. The newer devices become teathered once jailbroken, meaning whenever you turn it off, you have to run the jailbreak proscess again.
Not worth it (for me).

If you have an older one (without speakers built in as far as I know) you should be fine.
It does void your warrenty, but that little restore button in iTunes doubles for a warrenty restorer.
Software can always be fixed, its rediculously hard to brick your device now-a-days anyway.

I used blackra1n on my ipodtouch2g and it was the fastest and easiest jailbreak I've ever done.
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
> Oh sure, blame it on the jailbreak.

It worked fine until I jailbroke it.

I'm not saying jailbreaking is bad, I'm just saying what happening with mine.
GamerCraft

Visit it, and tell me what you think. Tongue
you can just reformat your iphone or itouch for you to bring back the warranty.. jailbreaking will help you install many apps from cydia and winterboard.
(02-06-2010, 04:14 PM)ccalby Wrote: Hey, I am thinking of JailBreaking my iPod Touch but I do not want to ruin my iPod. Can anyone please post telling me if you have JialBroken yours and if you think its worth it?

Thanks

--Conor

Pros:
-Almost anything is possible in terms of developing an application.
-Free apps (best thing in my opinion)
-Emulators (GBA, Snes, PSX, NES)
-You can customize the look of the phone.
-If you aren't that experienced with computers, the process gives you a chance to learn some.
-There are several helpful people that will help you should you come across an issue.

Cons:
-It voids the warranty.
-If something goes wrong, there is a 99% chance that it can be fixed, but there is a chance of your iPhone becoming bricked, or inoperable.
-Apple does not like jailbreaking
-You do need to careful about what you install
(02-17-2010, 04:11 PM)Bjfox Wrote: Pros:
-Almost anything is possible in terms of developing an application.
-Free apps (best thing in my opinion)
-Emulators (GBA, Snes, PSX, NES)
-You can customize the look of the phone.
-If you aren't that experienced with computers, the process gives you a chance to learn some.
-There are several helpful people that will help you should you come across an issue.

Cons:
-It voids the warranty.
-If something goes wrong, there is a 99% chance that it can be fixed, but there is a chance of your iPhone becoming bricked, or inoperable.
-Apple does not like jailbreaking
-You do need to careful about what you install

well to get around a brick i had one my iTouch was bricked u run it in recovery mode
[Image: ibwj3Y.png]
Fire Flame..Fire..Fa..Fire Flame Stunna...100Million Dolla
(02-18-2010, 12:28 PM)Lil W33ZY Wrote: well to get around a brick i had one my iTouch was bricked u run it in recovery mode

course everyone knows that. But its just a hastle to do it all im saying
(02-06-2010, 04:14 PM)ccalby Wrote: Hey, I am thinking of JailBreaking my iPod Touch but I do not want to ruin my iPod. Can anyone please post telling me if you have JialBroken yours and if you think its worth it?

Thanks

--Conor

Once you jailbroken you can always bring it back to normal by installing a fresh copy and there will be no traces left behind so it's a win win. I suggest using blackr1an because it cracked my iTouch in less than 10 seconds and redsn0w took me around 10-20 minutes.
I used blackra1n but it was a tethered jailbreak so it only worked on my computer Sad It seems safe though.
is there a jail break for the update 3.1.3?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jailbreaking the iOS - The Basics xadamxk 0 966 10-09-2014, 10:58 AM
Last Post: xadamxk
  Jailbreaking & Unlocked New iPhone 4S/4/3GS/ or iPad 2,3 for sell.. nick122 3 922 07-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Last Post: 'Snorlax
  [eBook]★►►Get your iOs apps for free◄◄★[No Jailbreaking required]★Direct from AppStor Farren 2 1,397 08-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Last Post: Behind Enemy Lines
  Cons of Jailbreaking? Twicks 47 9,587 01-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Twicks
  The Pro's and Con's of Jailbreaking Pineapple 14 1,701 01-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Last Post: iMario