Support Forums

Full Version: Is JailBreaking a Good Idea?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hey, I am thinking of JailBreaking my iPod Touch but I do not want to ruin my iPod. Can anyone please post telling me if you have JialBroken yours and if you think its worth it?

Thanks

--Conor
Trust me, it's worth it.

You can use blackra1n to jailbreak your ipodtouch.

http://blackra1n.com/
is there any major downsides?
Only running out of space too fast on your ipodtouch because you're downloading too many apps that normally cost money for free, and if you use themes your ipodtouch will drain battery faster than normal.
(02-06-2010, 04:42 PM)Kharnage Wrote: [ -> ]Only running out of space too fast on your ipodtouch because you're downloading too many apps that normally cost money for free, and if you use themes your ipodtouch will drain battery faster than normal.

Sounds like a great idea, I will have to do this tomorrow.
Thanks sir, One last thing though, is it completely reversible?
You just have to restore your ipodtouch and the jailbreaking is gone.
It will void you warrenty.
They'll fix hardware issues, but no software issues.
Don't try to deny it, I got this directly from an Apple Genius friend, whom wouldn't lie.

I jailbroke mine. It seemed to work fine, but I ended up restoring it.
Twice.

And don't use blackra1n. It makes things too easy.
(02-06-2010, 08:42 PM)TheLifelessOne Wrote: [ -> ]It will void you warrenty.
They'll fix hardware issues, but no software issues.
Don't try to deny it, I got this directly from an Apple Genius friend, whom wouldn't lie.

I jailbroke mine. It seemed to work fine, but I ended up restoring it.
Twice.

And don't use blackra1n. It makes things too easy.

easy jailbreak=good jailbreak.
Blackra1n is crap.
It depends on your device if its a good idea or not. The newer devices become teathered once jailbroken, meaning whenever you turn it off, you have to run the jailbreak proscess again.
Not worth it (for me).

If you have an older one (without speakers built in as far as I know) you should be fine.
It does void your warrenty, but that little restore button in iTunes doubles for a warrenty restorer.
Software can always be fixed, its rediculously hard to brick your device now-a-days anyway.
> easy jailbreak=good jailbreak.

That easy jailbreak is now crashing my fully (and properly) restored iPod.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9