Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are Macs so expensive (Not trying to start a PC vs Mac)
Its called bulk buying.
Quote:Who has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap.......Bob Kelso......Have we met?
[Image: BobKelso.jpg]
(10-07-2009, 07:12 PM)Code King Wrote: Its called bulk buying.

You also said that text editors aren't 30$ each, and I proved you wrong, now do everyone a favor and please remove yourself from the internet.
I actually said APPS not text editors were roughly $30.

(10-07-2009, 07:06 PM)Code King Wrote: no douche i said the apps were roughly 30 bucks not the text editors, i dont have a mac laptop so fail.
Quote:Who has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap.......Bob Kelso......Have we met?
(10-07-2009, 07:17 PM)Code King Wrote: I actually said APPS not text editors were roughly $30.

You don't make sense.

You were saying apps are 30$ each, not text editors, suggesting that text editors cost less than 30$.

Your beloved textmate costs 30$.

Conclusion?
you know you can use Mac OS X on a pc. You get the good cheap/free programs of a pc and the cool looks of Mac OS X. Best Of Both Worlds!
no that logic fails.

1. the license is $50 per user, buy buying 30 licenses you are offered a discount, you still pay $750 not $30.
2. No i was generalising apps by saying they were around $30, thats on average, thats not saying every app must be equal to or less than $30.
(10-07-2009, 07:23 PM)Code King Wrote: no that logic fails.

1. the license is $50 per user, buy buying 30 licenses you are offered a discount, you still pay $750 not $30.
2. No i was generalising apps by saying they were around $30, thats on average, thats not saying every app must be equal to or less than $30.

http://license.macromates.com/

30 seats = 900$

30x30 = 900

That means 1/30 licenses is 30$, ok?

If you say it's 50$ per user then fine, it can be 50$. 50$ is really expensive for a text editor. Macs are really expensive for what they are. You ran out of arguments (not that you had any to begin with)
You are obviously looking for a last post to prove your supremacy, and fine, you can have your last post. This topic is going nowhere since you haven't done anything but call me a douche, claim that macs are super awesome and better than everything there is on the market because they are made by apple, and that textmate is an expensive version of gedit.
I won't post anymore, so please make another retarded statement about how this or that fails so we can end this argument, and so you can claim this topic with your awesome debating skills.
(10-07-2009, 07:29 PM)D3N Wrote: http://license.macromates.com/

30 seats = 900$

30x30 = 900

That means 1/30 licenses is 30$, ok?

If you say it's 50$ per user then fine, it can be 50$. 50$ is really expensive for a text editor. Macs are really expensive for what they are. You ran out of arguments (not that you had any to begin with)
You are obviously looking for a last post to prove your supremacy, and fine, you can have your last post. This topic is going nowhere since you haven't done anything but call me a douche, claim that macs are super awesome and better than everything there is on the market because they are made by apple, and that textmate is an expensive version of gedit.
I won't post anymore, so please make another retarded statement about how this or that fails so we can end this argument, and so you can claim this topic with your awesome debating skills.
LoL
How can you not comprehend the simple defintion of economics of scale, when you buy more the overall price is cheaper but the individual cost is still the same as a single license.
(10-07-2009, 07:31 PM)Code King Wrote: How can you not comprehend the simple defintion of economics of scale, when you buy more the overall price is cheaper but the individual cost is still the same as a single license.

Um... That makes no sense. I think you got mixed up.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Transfer Pictures from your iPhone to a Mac rf-harris 0 533 06-28-2020, 03:24 PM
Last Post: rf-harris
  Mac iPad Transter | iPad to Mac/iTunes Backup, Mac to iPad Transfer carl83 7 2,410 10-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Last Post: xadamxk
  Printing on Mac DarkZero 3 1,586 02-24-2013, 07:03 AM
Last Post: illest
  how to recover image on mac zsx8989 4 1,793 02-24-2013, 07:01 AM
Last Post: illest
  Help Installing Cain and Abel using Wine on Mac V1RU5 8 12,366 10-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Moon70