Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are Macs so expensive (Not trying to start a PC vs Mac)
I honestly would love to buy a mac and give it a fair shake. But, their hardware just doesn't seem to warrant their price tag.

Why is it so much more? Why with intel support and a bsd base can't they lower their costs?
Because it's for cool young musicians/artists who get laid 20 times a day.
That's their marketing scheme anyways.
The same reason a pair of jeans at Abercrombie cost $90+.
(10-06-2009, 08:36 PM)Alex Wrote: Why is it so much more? Why with intel support and a bsd base can't they lower their costs?
To make people feel justified for buying a glorified POS that can't compute how to even right click.
(10-06-2009, 08:40 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: The same reason a pair of jeans at Abercrombie cost $90+.

Yeah, gay stuff is more expensive.

Seriously though, Apple tries to give the impression that a higher price must mean higher quality, which in this case, just isn't true.

They'll always have their followers, though.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

(10-06-2009, 08:43 PM)MreGSX Wrote: Yeah, gay stuff is more expensive.

Seriously though, Apple tries to give the impression that a higher price must mean higher quality, which in this case, just isn't true.

They are pretty successful at it though.

They basically forced some people into thinking that their products (like ipod) are THE crap, and if you have anything but an ipod (for example) you will be a social outcast.
(10-06-2009, 08:45 PM)D3N Wrote: They are pretty successful at it though.

They basically forced some people into thinking that their products (like ipod) are THE crap, and if you have anything but an ipod (for example) you will be a social outcast.

Seriously.

I guess I'm a hypocrite, 'cause when I realised I wanted a music device, I got an iPod nano, but I really wish I would've gotten a Zune instead.
(10-06-2009, 08:48 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Seriously.

I guess I'm a hypocrite, 'cause when I realised I wanted a music device, I got an iPod nano, but I really wish I would've gotten a Zune instead.

Idk, I've used both and I do prefer the iPod over the zune. So does my friend but I think it just may be do to his zune breaking Tongue.
(10-06-2009, 09:27 PM)Alex Wrote: Idk, I've used both and I do prefer the iPod over the zune. So does my friend but I think it just may be do to his zune breaking Tongue.

It depends on how you treat your things. If you throw it around and sit on it, obviously it will break. For the same reason I laugh at people who complain their xbox 360/PS3 breaks. They shove it into the corner, put stuff all over it, never clear the dust out and then are puzzled over the fact that it overheated the 5th time.
Well it's not like he breaks his stuff all the time. He's had a few ipods and none of them broke.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Transfer Pictures from your iPhone to a Mac rf-harris 0 525 06-28-2020, 03:24 PM
Last Post: rf-harris
  Mac iPad Transter | iPad to Mac/iTunes Backup, Mac to iPad Transfer carl83 7 2,359 10-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Last Post: xadamxk
  Printing on Mac DarkZero 3 1,559 02-24-2013, 07:03 AM
Last Post: illest
  how to recover image on mac zsx8989 4 1,766 02-24-2013, 07:01 AM
Last Post: illest
  Help Installing Cain and Abel using Wine on Mac V1RU5 8 12,304 10-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Moon70