Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Merry Christmas!
MERRY XMAS XD
(12-24-2009, 11:24 AM)Grizzly Wrote: Honestly I hate xmas. It's derived from a birthday of a religion I don't believe in. What's the point? I only do it for the kids, and they're young enough to not know the exact day, next year my oldest will be 5 and I will have no choice BUT to do it on the 25th. But, me and my wife got tired of having presents in the house. I wouldn't mind if we called it something else, like National Present Day or something, but, xmas is.....not in line with my beliefs.
Aye, understandable.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
Maybe he didn't know if his wife was gonna get better in time? (My guess Big Grin)

I celebrate it on the 6th (Religously) But tomorrow (family wise)
Ohh man I'm sorry didn't saw this thread..... It's hard to see after 6.....

Anyways Have fun people!
Merry Christmas.
(12-24-2009, 11:24 AM)Grizzly Wrote: Honestly I hate xmas. It's derived from a birthday of a religion I don't believe in. What's the point? I only do it for the kids, and they're young enough to not know the exact day, next year my oldest will be 5 and I will have no choice BUT to do it on the 25th. But, me and my wife got tired of having presents in the house. I wouldn't mind if we called it something else, like National Present Day or something, but, xmas is.....not in line with my beliefs.

I also hate it because everyone makes you feel obligated to get them presents. Dangit, isn't your birthday enough? Why do we have to have a holiday based around the idea that everyone must go out and spend tons of money and give each other gifts?

Actually it came from the Roman celebration of the Winter Solstice. Christianity borrowed it to help the conversion from paganism to Christianity a little easier. They still get to practice "magic" in Roman Catholic churches. Ever wonder why so many candles and that thing with smoke.

Sorry for the Wiki link. Just so you can research it a little more.
[Image: Uhriventis.gif]
(12-25-2009, 10:01 AM)Uhriventis Wrote: Actually it came from the Roman celebration of the Winter Solstice. Christianity borrowed it to help the conversion from paganism to Christianity a little easier. They still get to practice "magic" in Roman Catholic churches. Ever wonder why so many candles and that thing with smoke.

Random fact, my girlfriend is born on the winter solstice. Tongue
(12-25-2009, 10:01 AM)Uhriventis Wrote: Actually it came from the Roman celebration of the Winter Solstice. Christianity borrowed it to help the conversion from paganism to Christianity a little easier. They still get to practice "magic" in Roman Catholic churches. Ever wonder why so many candles and that thing with smoke.

I'm sure that everyone knows it's based off of Saturnalia, but modern day Christmas is not about the winter solstice or any of that; it's supposably about the birth of the figure known as "Jesus". However, from what I've seen, most people these days just celebrate it 'cause everyone else does, like Valentine's Day. aka a hallmark day.
(12-27-2009, 04:54 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: I'm sure that everyone knows it's based off of Saturnalia, but modern day Christmas is not about the winter solstice or any of that; it's supposably about the birth of the figure known as "Jesus". However, from what I've seen, most people these days just celebrate it 'cause everyone else does, like Valentine's Day. aka a hallmark day.

As modern day people see it. But, really you can say the TV was based off of radio signals turned into a picture. The fact remains the same.
[Image: Uhriventis.gif]
(12-24-2009, 10:39 AM)Skill Wrote: Merry Christmas to you too.

It's nearly 6 PM over here in the United Kingdom, so I have another 6 hours until Christmas Day.

What have you asked Santa to bring you?
Some games Tongue
-rep me if you want to get banned! please!
Anonymous rep is for freakin cowards!
Yes, I'm quite aware of what it is based off. I'm more pagan than anything else (if I had to choose). However, people claim it's to celebrate the birth of a person. Even that is not true now a days. It's to get presents, as I said.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Merry Christmas S F (humor) DAMINK™ 6 782 12-25-2011, 04:05 AM
Last Post: Techie.
  Merry Christmas SupportForums!! | Christmas Challenge BreShiE 16 1,398 12-17-2011, 02:31 PM
Last Post: wills
  Christmas Traditions Infinity 9 820 12-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Grin
  What did SF get for Christmas? Lith 24 4,313 01-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Break
  Making Mom Christmas Present [[HELP]] Pedo 2 689 12-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Techie©