Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MyBB Server Load Unstable
Hmm...How do I put a site on 3 servers?
One is image server, one is database (mysql) and the other is the main DNS, Firewall, and HTTP server.

Google is on thousands of servers btw. So it's not like it's a new concept. Most major sites are on a farm.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(12-11-2009, 05:09 PM)Grizzly Wrote: If you want to know about the servers send a ticket to your host for the specs. While you're at it, ask them how many accounts they place on the server. Someone here will let you know if it's a decent amount.

From the sounds of it though, it's time you upgrade to a VPS (or a dedi). Also, see This thread on finding the right host for you. It kind of explains a little about the different types of hosting. Also, be warned, if you choose a VPS you'll see performance drop more than likely. As you're going from a server that is probably 8-12GB of RAM to a piece of a server with between 256MB and 1GB of RAM allocated to you. Depending on the server you get. And probably about 700 mhz of CPU and 0 load balancing (as in, the SQL server is the same as the HTTP server)
They asked me what kind of specs/details I want to know? What should I ask?
Amount and speed of CPU, RAM, what kind of load balancing they have. Most company's should be very forthright with the server specs that you are on. If not, make backups and cancel and move to another host. I probably would go ahead and do that anyway though if I were you.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
sucks I can't get my money back when I paid 3 years of their host....CRAP...
Ah yes, another lesson to learn. Only pay monthly. Well, at least, don't pay more than you're willing to loose. You could try submitting a ticket and request a partial refund. How long have you been hosting with them? Is it within their money back period?
No it's not within their money back; I've been with them for about 4-6 months right now. This is what they told me about their specs.

Quote:We have 8 CPUS in in server and 8GB Ram. This is a shared server and number of accounts in a server is more than 200.
Accounts on a server of that specs > 200 == you need to find a new host ASAP. Their server is overloaded. It's not just your account, it's the fact they cramed a ton of them on the server.
(12-11-2009, 06:35 PM)Omniscient Wrote: SF is on a shared host. HF is on 3 servers.

http://finalprospects.com/forums/

If that indeed is the site with 17 posts then you need to get a new host.

btw...the Google SEO (1.1.7) plugin is going to create the most load from that list. I do not recommend you use it unless you fully understand what it is and what it does.

17 posts? What do you mean?

And also, the YouGotMail thingy would take up a LOT of load if it were a uses ajax to check for mail every few milliseconds, check its settings to see whether the interval between checks is too close, as you get more members, dynamic updates involving ajax take more and more resources, So I suggest disabling it if its not too important.

btw, this only applies if it uses ajax to check for mail every so often, if it is something else, then forget this post.
[Image: vhc689.jpg]
do noт мaĸe мe мad. ι wιll ĸιll yoυ.
-rep me if you want to get banned! please!
Anonymous rep is for freakin cowards!
Quote:This plugin will play an audible sound whenever you receive a Personal Message.
Every time you refresh the page it will play the audible sound until the pm has been read. The sound that comes with the mod is the official AOL ("You Got Mail") sound.
You can enable and disable the plugin from the acp of your forum.

I don't think its ajax but thanks for the heads up....yeah its down to 2-3 which i heard is still bad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I cant load my site skranthi 8 1,028 03-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Last Post: [M]
  How to Make your MYBB Central Plugin Compatible with new Mybb Billy Mays 3 1,893 07-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Billy Mays
  MyBB Help ( Moving Data To Another Part of server ) Snooopy` 11 2,027 11-07-2009, 05:19 AM
Last Post: Grizzly