Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jailbreaking iPhone 3GS 3.2.1
With blackra1n, depending on your device it will be tethered. Tethered meaning that everytime you reboot the device it will have to be done again - running blackra1n again. Same thing goes for the iPod touch 3G.

The iPod dev team will release something at some point.
(12-13-2009, 09:35 PM)Cohen Wrote: With blackra1n, depending on your device it will be tethered. Tethered meaning that everytime you reboot the device it will have to be done again - running blackra1n again. Same thing goes for the iPod touch 3G.

The iPod dev team will release something at some point.

Some people say that you have to run blackra1n again, which in my case, isn't true. When my iPhone freezes, I have to do a hard reset to turn it off. Then I just plug it into my computer to turn it on, no re-jail breaking required.
[Image: fixedt.png]
What device do you have?

The problem still remains, I do not want to have to plug my phone into the computer every time it shits itself.
(12-13-2009, 10:30 PM)Extasey Wrote: What device do you have?

The problem still remains, I do not want to have to plug my phone into the computer every time it shits itself.

iPhone 3G (1G I think?)- Yeah, it sucks ass when my iPhone crashes, I have to go to my computer and connect it.
[Image: fixedt.png]
I have a 3GS and its not viable for me to have a Tethered Jailbreak.
Why does your iPhone crap itself in the first place?
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
Usually because of dodgey software to do with the jailbreak!

Most of the packages on cydia are fudged up and just root your phone, your then forced the reboot.
My iPod Touch runs all of my Cydia apps fine, so unless it's something to do with the different hardware in the iPhone [3GS] (Which I doubt it is seeing as it's too low-level) it may just be one dodgy app messing up your entire device.

Yeah, some poorly coded package is usually the problem.
That's the thing about jailbreaking, I'm not saying that Apple's app approving process is good, but the jailbroken app repositories get little, if any, moderation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem jailbreaking iPhone 3g with redsn0w and greenpois0n (Was previously jailbroke TalishHF 8 3,785 02-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Grin
  TUT-How to Semi-Tether jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch 4G,3G OFWGKTΔ 2 2,538 12-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Last Post: OFWGKTΔ
  Jailbreaking Questions.. Reece 26 3,719 09-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Gatorade
  Jailbreaking Verizon iPhone 4 (Waiting for 5G Software Releases) Resistance 11 5,228 07-28-2011, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Analyze™
  iphone/ipod jailbreak 3g,3gs Socrates 2 887 01-28-2010, 05:41 AM
Last Post: Socrates