Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jailbreaking iPhone 3GS 3.2.1
Nah, some other chick. Was a variant of the virus.
Removed picture but couldn't find any of the other files involved!
Wasn't variant A-D, something else.
Ugh, Why don't people change their root passwords.
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
I didn't even install SSH, SSL was required. but still. It was only for 2 seconds!
And most people don't know how.
From what I've heard the phone can only be exploited when SSH is installed, who installs SSH without knowing what they're supposed to do with it?

Haha I know! I used to use it a fair bit for custom ringtones and doing anything else that I needed. I think some applications were forcing the user to install it for some reason.
Those ones should also force the user to install the command line application and show them how to change the password.
Originated in Australia and went over seas!
The problem with your iphone cannot be solve. I work for a cellphone store, and they do all the unlocking for customers, and there's no solution for the iphone that require to run blackrain again when is turn off and turn it back on. The only thing you can do is try and no to turn off your iphone. That's the only solution for now. As of now, I believe geohot and dev-team won't bother to fix that problem. Because most people can use the iphone without the problem that you are having.

The iphone that would have these kind of problem would be the latest iphone that's out in the market. I heard there's like some kind of motherboard difference inside, so that's the reason causing the problem right now.
They are working on it. I will have to find the article of the exploit they used to use to bypass the firmware test upon boot. Apple have since patched this and the dev-team have only got "something" as muscel nerd said.
It was quite technical but it looks like they doccumented it too well before it was patched.
(12-10-2009, 07:04 PM)watuwanz Wrote: The problem with your iphone cannot be solve. I work for a cellphone store, and they do all the unlocking for customers, and there's no solution for the iphone that require to run blackrain again when is turn off and turn it back on. The only thing you can do is try and no to turn off your iphone. That's the only solution for now. As of now, I believe geohot and dev-team won't bother to fix that problem. Because most people can use the iphone without the problem that you are having.

The iphone that would have these kind of problem would be the latest iphone that's out in the market. I heard there's like some kind of motherboard difference inside, so that's the reason causing the problem right now.

The have bothered to try and get untethered jailbreaking working in the past and I don't see why they would stop now.

(12-03-2009, 03:42 AM)Extasey Wrote: Haha, what does AFAIK stand for?

I've been checking them but they only seem to have custom firmware for version 3.1. I hate custom firmware from other people, cause its always fuked. Other then that I need a mac to make my own.

I believe it stands for "As Far As I Know"

I just use http://www.acronymfinder.com/ if I don't know what something means.
Ahh, thanks haha.

Seen it a few times now and I've been wondering what it meant!
Sounded a lot more crude when I didn't know what it was (as if it was an insult)!

I'll keep that website in mind, thanks!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problem jailbreaking iPhone 3g with redsn0w and greenpois0n (Was previously jailbroke TalishHF 8 3,785 02-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Grin
  TUT-How to Semi-Tether jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch 4G,3G OFWGKTΔ 2 2,537 12-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Last Post: OFWGKTΔ
  Jailbreaking Questions.. Reece 26 3,719 09-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Gatorade
  Jailbreaking Verizon iPhone 4 (Waiting for 5G Software Releases) Resistance 11 5,228 07-28-2011, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Analyze™
  iphone/ipod jailbreak 3g,3gs Socrates 2 887 01-28-2010, 05:41 AM
Last Post: Socrates