Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School Website: "IPT at Oakhill College"
My teacher asked my whole class to make a website to try and raise the enthusiasm towards Information Processing and Technology. This is because they didn't get a Year 11 class for next year.
Three people in my class attempted this, the other two gave up as soon as the saw what I did in about 5 minutes (PHP wise).

Anyway, this is the main draft. I just need to get some photos and content off my teacher to fill the emptyness, as well as all the random crap I wrote in there as part of an inside joke.

IPT at Oakhill

So what do you guys think?
Theres two easter eggs, the first to find them (and tell me what they are) gets.... something. I don't know, we'll figure that out when we get to it.
Very nice. The loading scene in the beginning is kind of long though. I'll look for the eggs later, lol.
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
Yeah the Hosting is pretty shity, it may improve once the school accepts the website and convert it to their server.
Thanks for checking it out!
Flash != Good!!!!!

Looks decent enough, I personally hate flash websites. You have to remember your 56k visitors when designing sites. Flash is horrible for SEO as well. Although, as a school, that doesn't really matter much.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Yeah, it will be hosted on the school and only viewed by year 9 students. It is just a scheme to encourage students to choose the incredibly boring subject. Will probably only be shown to students whilst at school, on the local server (instant load).

On the home page or "About IPT" I wrote something about our principal giving an award to any student who wins the Halo Competition, and because the head of computing hates me (not kidding, she kicked me out of her class) she blocked it because it was "false". But my teacher right now is awesome and let me go to the principal and get a picture with him shaking my mates hand (because he won halo). I'll publish the picture on the website and then i'll be able to shove it in that bitche's face. HAHA!
Awesome site,I personally like it.
You did really good job on this one, The preloader gave some new ideas Big Grin

As Grizzly said, Flash != Good... But this one is pretty fast and simple, I love it.
Haha I didn't understand it. Is it a different type of flash?
It's a nice site/template but considering its to showcase an IPT class I think it would be better if you built something yourself, even if it wasn't quite as good, rather than implementing a pre made solution.

As above Flash != Good, you could make a site almost identical to that without any flash at all.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
Yeah, we don't actually make anything to do with website in the courses. I would build something entirely myself if we learnt about it if we did, but really, theres no point.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My College Discussion Forum - www.mimspace.com envira 8 1,157 04-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Last Post: envira