Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My College Discussion Forum - www.mimspace.com
My College Discussion Forum - www.mimspace.com

[Image: logo.png]

edit: we are back.......

Hello friends,
I have been with mybb since an year,ad i made a forum for my fellow doctors,my juniors and my college mates,called MIMSPACE.

The name derived from my college name being MIMS,and its a 5 month old forum for now,with some activity.

Recently i got a domain,a new theme called mycleanblue,for which i made many custom edits,and some icons too were self made.

Id like to post some pics of profiles and the drop down menus that i created,for easy navigation.

Profiles:

[Image: mimspaceprofileofenvira.png]

Welcome block:

Done editing:

[Image: ddvvxx.png]

Id like you guys to review my site,just from out side,and my request is "please donot register or login",as it is my college site.

Now the url is : click but do not register

ThumbsupOui
[Image: lt79ucY.png]
First thought is that you really need a new banner. It doesn't flow well with the theme.

The theme is very nice, and the tabs look very professional. The drop down log in is very nicely integrated and makes the forum seem professional and easy to navigate around.

Although you have quite a lot of sections for a reasonably small forum, they all seem to be getting filled up quite nicely so I have no complaints about that.

The poll at the top takes up quite a lot of room. I would perhaps look into turning it into a drop down. Although you want people to vote, you don't want to seem like you're forcing them into voting.

I'm a big fan of your announcements space. It's professional, and easy on the eyes.

I personally wouldn't recommend using a Portal until you have more members, as they often look very cluttered and can put people off from registering. Although seeing as your forum is made for your college, perhaps that won't be such a problem.

It seems to me like you've got the forum under control and it looks like it has a lot of potential. So good job.

Oh, and one more thing, you have 3 Admins. Is it really necessary to have that many? Your forum is still very small so I would have a good think about that.
@Fragma,thank you brother for your over whelming response.

I really spent 3 weeks on it working untiring,and the colors i chose are also catchy,and all icons are chosen precisely.

yeah i do agree the poll is big,but this is season of IPL and so we guys are fans of cricket,so the poll is kept,anyway i will take it in few days.

Yeah i too found portal clustered,so now trying to add tabs to that so burden would be shared among the tabs,like in www.comuvir.com

And header,thanks i would make another,and all the three ADMINS to reveal are me,me,me lol,for security issues.

Yeah thank you friend,for your suggestions,now i added a dropdown menu for welcome block,and i will post the image soon in the first post.
the drop downs are imported from dynamicdrive.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex...inkcss.htm
Great, best of luck with your forum. If you need any further help regarding MyBB, feel free to send me a PM.

Smile
Yeah sure brother,thanks for the offer,as you suggested i reduced the bulk of portal and poll too,now have a look at them !!!!

yeah sure brother,btb i am a doctor,i am in my masters in internal medicine.
learnt css and html only from mybb Smile since an year.
mybb rocks,thank you
The changes make your forum look much more user friendly. Good job!
Thank you frnd,thanks for all suggestions.Smile
The board looks very professional envira. Good job, it has a very happy vibe for it. May I ask, is your userbase mostly from India or surrounding areas? Or do you allow members from all of the world?

I wish you the best of luck.
@Laugh,Thank you friend,Its all from a base theme and i customised for it to suit my forum.
My friends are fond of facebook and so i have to edit all templates for them.
Sorry that its only for our college friends,and not for general public.
Yeah all my users are from Indian origin,and really thanks for your wishes and your warming response.....have a grt day brother.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chill Forum [NEW] [+3 Domains] [General Forum] [Giveaway!] [Awards!] OpenSSL 0 519 06-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Last Post: OpenSSL
  www.cyberforu.com [new] god1234 8 1,603 01-15-2014, 07:11 AM
Last Post: god1234
  DiverseBox - Discussion Forum - Custom Theme Wonders 1 762 07-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Wonders
  Not Your Average Technology Discussion Forum.... (Read!) WeLiveTech 8 1,127 12-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Last Post: ParadoxCF
  www.infinite0.net -- We're coming out of our shell. Providence 8 2,122 09-06-2012, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Providence