Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An alternative method of saving Youtube videos.
If you play any Youtube video all the way through, it should already be on your PC.

It will usually be in the default browser cache, unless it has been restricted by your browser settings or by any browser add-ons.

For example with Firefox, it will be in the default location for the cache:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your-Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\7zh1jg91.default\Cache.

All you have to do is make a note of the download time, then when the playback has finished, visit the cache and rename the file by adding an .flv extension.

It may be possible in some cases that certain files may be MP4, but most that I have saved, or maybe all have been .flv file extensions.

That is assuming that you have an flv player, but if not, there are a few available via Google.
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
Wouldn't it be easier to get that youtube downloader? Smile
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
Too much work. I'm going to stick with my YouTube downloader.
I have been studying the traits and dispositions of the "lower animals" (so called) and contrasting them with the traits and dispositions of man. I find the result humiliating to me.
--Mark Twain
How is this method too much work, the file is already on your system you just have to rename it.

Nice share UID=0, it's how I save images, better than have them twice Big Grin
(11-14-2009, 04:27 AM)Codine Wrote: Wouldn't it be easier to get that youtube downloader? Smile

Yeah, I do have a couple of YouTube video downloaders,
one of which has never worked, the other one does and I
do use it frequently.

I believe though, that knowing how to do the job
of an application, or an add-on manually, can be advantageous,
insofar as it can eliminate the risk of possibly downloading an infected file.
(11-14-2009, 06:31 AM)Master of The Universe Wrote: How is this method too much work, the file is already on your system you just have to rename it.

Nice share UID=0, it's how I save images, better than have them twice Big Grin

Heh, yeah it takes all of a few seconds, adding .flv to the end of the file...;)

Thanks for the feedback. I just think it is useful to know how to do the jobs of applications or whatever, manually in certain cases.

There are quite a few things that you can do, including disabling the recent documents history,
(which can enhance system performance, as Windows doesn't have to build a list of short-cuts, as the PC starts up and shuts down),
and deleting locked files manually, (which can also give you access to previously restricted files/folders),
that I have written guides for, as I believe that it's useful to have a little knowledge and not have to depend on applications for everything.
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FLV Videos - What do you use to download them? wtftwice 0 572 03-17-2011, 03:53 AM
Last Post: wtftwice
  Music Videos: Piece of Art Gaijin 4 937 03-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Ruyuk
  sxephil videos Corpse 3 1,985 01-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Untouch
  How To Use Videos As Your Desktop Background JDBar 8 1,919 06-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Josh303
  "Capturing" Youtube Videos Canoris 16 1,952 05-13-2010, 02:52 AM
Last Post: Juggalo-Lee