Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Capturing" Youtube Videos
In linux there is a directory called 'tmp' in which all streaming and internet caching data is stored. Well, when you watch a youtube video and the red line is moving across the bottom, it is downloading the video into your 'tmp' directory. All you have to do is drag the video file out of the tmp dir and into where ever else you want. But you must first wait for the damn thing to finish buffering first. Glare

I don't know about Windows guys.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
Im not sure whats the purpose of this thread lol but anyway there is a plugin for firefox called Ant Video Downloader - it makes things a lot easier Smile
Verum quaere et insaniam inveni
or you can add "kick" in front of the youtube video.
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
There are lots of plugins out there that let you download YouTube videos.
There are also some website where you don't need to download any plugin.
Simply grab the YouTube video's url, post it, then it let's you download the video in a format available of your choice.
Or you can download my youtube browser/downloader from here : Click Here !!

It downloads in MP4 , MP4 HD , FLV.
Or just copy the youtube url, and goto keepvid.com Smile easy.
I've used keepvid.com, but i experienced some troubles with it, personally i perfer to use a desktop downloader, simply copy and paste the URL and download.
I use either www.kickyoutube.com or Video DownloadHelper.

But I use Video DownloadHelper more, since it is a whole lot easier.
Nice, but dirpy is ftw. Its like ultimately fast.
I use a firefox addon called DownloadHelper. Works on just about ever webpage streaming anything.
[Image: tje1.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FLV Videos - What do you use to download them? wtftwice 0 564 03-17-2011, 03:53 AM
Last Post: wtftwice
  Music Videos: Piece of Art Gaijin 4 921 03-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Ruyuk
  sxephil videos Corpse 3 1,982 01-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Untouch
  How To Use Videos As Your Desktop Background JDBar 8 1,888 06-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Josh303
  [Guide] How to convert YouTube Videos to Mp3 Teh 15 2,206 05-13-2010, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Juggalo-Lee