Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I get more disk space?!
My desktop constantly has the low disk space icon going. I have no room even for basic updates of systems and programs. I have done the desk cleanup and the icon goes away for a little bit but comes back just as quickly. How do I get more room (for free, as I do not have any money to spare right now. Or anytime soon)?

Note: I do not know that much about computers themselves. Seriously. Gratte
There lots you can do to save some disk space you can uninstall program you don't use and compress some of your personal folders contents to save disk space, compressing files take up less storage space but some types of files like JPEG pictures are already highly compressed and if you compress JPEG pictures this may not save any disk space visit the website link for more information.
Download "CCleaner" program to delete temporary files also Windows System Restore points take lot of space you can delete System Restore points and adjust the maximum disk space use for System Restore points, i just find a good tutorial for saving disk space, which is also save me from typing visit the web site link.

Hard Disk Space - Free Up and Recover

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/129...cover.html
Freebooter pretty much answered it, personally I clear down all my useless install programs every few weeks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Failed to boot disk, insert system disk and press enter Red1 6 1,318 05-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Fetus Flipper
  Disk Defragmenter Liberty 6 866 11-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Alabaster