Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed to boot disk, insert system disk and press enter
wtf is this? i got a new pc and they built it for me at the store, what now? do i call them or is there a way to do it? I tried so many things, is it possible that my dvd reader isnt working?
Are you trying to install an operating system? Is there already one installed? Give a bit more details please.
Have you tried putting the disc in and rebooting?

If there was already an OS installed on your system and it is saying that I would recommend taking it back to them as they normally have a warranty, because if it did have an OS installed it would mean that the harddrive became corrupted.

Let me know.
Try to "Repair" the system through the boot disk
take IT back from where you bought if they told you that they have installed an Operating system already...else install one yourself Smile
I have this on my old computer when I ripped out the hard drive containing the OS and threw it at a wall.

In your BIOS menu you will have an order to boot from. In most cases it will boot from hard drive1 first. If you have a secondary hard drive then that will be the secondary boot and so on until you run out of hard drives.

Eg.
  • 1. Hard Drive1
    2. Hard Drive2
    3. Hard Drive3

Once it stops booting from your hard drive it will boot from a CD which will be your OS CD you will get when you get a new computer. If you have a OS CD then just insert it and it will run your OS from there.

Once you are up an running off of your CD you need to install the OS to a hard disk. Install it to the largest hard disk available so that it has plenty of space. Once it is installed to a hard disk you can shut down your computer and switch it on again and go into the BIOS menu and change boot priority to whatever hard drive you have your OS on.

Thats you done. It should be working. Make sure that you keep your CD somewhere safe!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RS07 Mobile Failed to Contact Server: Possible Solving Ways rs3gold5 1 534 12-13-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: emma162
  How can I get more disk space?! Hettie 2 594 04-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Sam
  It won't boot Annuit Coeptis 4 787 07-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Last Post: G3Hawkeye
  SYSTEM BOOT PROBLEM jvvsam01 6 839 06-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Last Post: ImStalkinYaMom
  Can't boot Computer with external hard drive connected EagerToLearn 6 1,741 05-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: EagerToLearn