Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet connection problem with Japanese ISP
Hello everyone. I live in Japan. I have an Internet connection question for you. We recently moved and got a new internet company. I am using a LAN cable for now. The service came with a modem and software cd. I wasn't able to install the software because I have English XP installed and the cd is in all Japanese. This wouldn't be a problem normally since I have Japanese text support installed, but instead of displaying Japanese most of the text is just jibberish. I tried all options on the disc anyway and it didnt seem to install the software.

So I just went ahead and set up the connection manually using Internet connection wizard in control panel and PPPoE. I entered the username and PW provided by the company and am able to connect to the Internet.

Now here is the problem. First of all, 2 separate wired Internet connection icons appear in the system tray. One is the icon for the specific service I set up (Fletz) and the other is just Local Area Connection. The icon for Fletz says it is connected fine. The other icon has the yellow "limited or no connectivity" message. I am able to view pages fine and was getting DL speeds as fast as 1/mb per second on some torrents. The problem is that after about 20 minutes, the connection just seems to stop. There is no message that pops up but I notice that my torrent DLs have stopped. When I try to open Firefox it just crashes every time. If I click on disconnect and try to reconnect to the Internet, it won't reconnect. I also can't repair the connection or renew the IP address. If I reboot windows I am able to connect again but the problem eventually repeats in the same way after about 20 minutes.
Any advice? I really would appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Individual connection speed limited danneracci 2 1,011 12-25-2019, 11:33 PM
Last Post: rickmartin.gt
  Internet Connection Issues Jangus 2 1,220 12-25-2019, 11:32 PM
Last Post: rickmartin.gt
  Internet connection issue mack1 1 774 05-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Miltan
  What ISP do you use? Backslash 79 16,340 12-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Last Post: paviya
  Best ISP Underfaker 7 1,632 12-13-2013, 10:33 PM
Last Post: paviya