Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Support Forums - Activity
You know..
Fr some reason WF has more activity than SF , Sad
(05-14-2012, 10:02 AM)Grin Wrote: You know..
Fr some reason WF has more activity than SF , Sad

WF bump their HF advertisement thread every single day with useless crap to get members. They all put their sigs as WF and post on HF like crazy. Omni could easily use HF to get SF active, but it won't be quality. He's doing the right thing.

WF's activity is actually declining, it's not uncommon for the new hype forum to overtake an older forum in activity. It won't last. WF needs to either expand and become its own forum or stop - because it can't ride HF's back forever. Check their stats today, they've barely made 100 posts from the looks of it, so stop comparing SF to WF - they're nothing alike.
Unban me from HF Omni Sad
Well im still pretty new to sf, but i wish it would become way more active. i see that most people here are very HQ and fun to talk to.
Omniscient has been an administrator for years. He's got more experience with building, promoting and monitoring forums than any of you. Doesn't it seem somewhat likely that he knows what he's doing and if he figured there would be an issue he'd tackle it one way or another, and not idly sit back?

It's pointless to proclaim the obvious.
[Image: 58iH.gif]
(05-15-2012, 02:03 PM)C4Vendetta Wrote: Omniscient has been an administrator for years. He's got more experience with building, promoting and monitoring forums than any of you. Doesn't it seem somewhat likely that he knows what he's doing and if he figured there would be an issue he'd tackle it one way or another, and not idly sit back?

It's pointless to proclaim the obvious.

Maybe he has too many things to tackle at once.
So instead of sitting back, maybe we could help him.
What do you think?
Good idea?
(05-15-2012, 02:32 PM)Grin Wrote: Maybe he has too many things to tackle at once.
So instead of sitting back, maybe we could help him.
What do you think?
Good idea?

That's what we've been trying to say. We should help the site and It's future ourselves.
In my opinion, if you don't have the feather here any more, then shrink the site down. It's too big at the moment, too many sections, too much pressure. Plenty of theses sections could be merged. The more sections without recent posts; the more "dead" look the site gets, when it's not dead at all. No one signs up to sites they think have died.
Unban me from HF Omni Sad
(05-15-2012, 08:51 PM)Crayo Wrote: In my opinion, if you don't have the feather here any more, then shrink the site down. It's too big at the moment, too many sections, too much pressure. Plenty of theses sections could be merged. The more sections without recent posts; the more "dead" look the site gets, when it's not dead at all. No one signs up to sites they think have died.

That's extremely true but only Omniscient can make those decisions.
Diabolic, A guy who is very known like you at HF, needs to grab their attention. You need to tell them that this is one of Omni's successful and great forums, with half of the same people lingering around here too! Tell them that when HF is down, or when they have no PM's or problems, to come here. Try dragging the non-scammers for the market here, Try getting the people who have computer questions to come here, so we can get the HJT more active, and the potential of not having to pay for a group can be useful.
[Image: 120x60_SF.gif]
I simply can't do this as a one man job. Every single day I advertise and bring members to Support Forums. We need to make the forum filled with content for members to stay.

It's a lot easier said than done.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Support Forums For Sale? Shadaw 27 4,953 10-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Is it Okay to use support-forums if you're banned from Hackforums? Paramore 8 1,837 09-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Last Post: rattlesnakeā„¢
  How to Pick Up Support Forums? Metapod 5 1,567 06-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Cronus
  [Release] Support Forums Special Header Links D3xus 41 7,989 01-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Last Post: D3xus
  Support Forums Video Peter L 4 1,284 01-09-2012, 12:54 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity