Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Pick Up Support Forums?
Well, I've come back, again just to see what I can do here in the Emotional Support section... but not much around the forum has changed. I read a few threads and saw that Omni is thinking of incentives to promote posting and registration, so I'm creating this thread to kind of get an idea of what people would like in order to drive traffic?

I was thinking of an award or title for the most users registered under your name, or a (HQ) Thread drive. Tutorial Drive, or some other thing to get more content here. We have 11.5 thousand members, I'm sure there are some very intelligent people that can think of something new.

Post below what you would like to see, or what would get you motivated to bring friends here or spread the word.
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
1 : Omni would never make a Referral award.
But there is a Promotor Award, if you get a good number of refs you might get it.

You get [Image: ring_24.png] Ring of Teaching award if your tutorials are really good.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
(06-18-2012, 01:43 AM)Kewlz Wrote: 1 : Omni would never make a Referral award.
But there is a Promotor Award, if you get a good number of refs you might get it.

You get [Image: ring_24.png] Ring of Teaching award if your tutorials are really good.

What would be bad about a referral award? If they are registered members, non spam registered, and actually benefit the community, why would it be a bad thing?

I know about those awards, but this thread was meant to come up with some new ideas
We all have things we want to say, but not publicly. We all need help with them at one point. If you want a private conversation or seek private help, send me a PM.
Dont ever say no. Smile
I assure you there are plans in the pipeline for several additions/changes for SF.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I shouldn't say I wouldn't consider adding a referrals award. I know abuse could be a problem but that's a risk I may have to take. It is after all only for an award which doesn't have any monetary value so what do I have to lose?
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(06-20-2012, 11:00 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I shouldn't say I wouldn't consider adding a referrals award. I know abuse could be a problem but that's a risk I may have to take. It is after all only for an award which doesn't have any monetary value so what do I have to lose?

Would it be automatic? If not, you would lose time handing them out.
A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
[Image: aTiq3.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Support Forums For Sale? Shadaw 27 4,946 10-15-2014, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Is it Okay to use support-forums if you're banned from Hackforums? Paramore 8 1,835 09-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Last Post: rattlesnake™
  Support Forums - Activity Diabolic 76 14,935 06-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Diabolic
  [Release] Support Forums Special Header Links D3xus 41 7,857 01-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Last Post: D3xus
  Support Forums Video Peter L 4 1,282 01-09-2012, 12:54 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity