Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AHHHHHH!!
(04-17-2012, 04:26 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Just read this....

cloudflare Wrote:CloudFlare provides a broad level of protection from a wide range of attacks. We do this while minimizing false positives or annoyances to legitimate customers.

Thats all i read. Thats simply not true.
Im a legit customer and i get many false positives thus this thread so i find this to be incorrect.

Quote:We do this while minimizing false positives or annoyances to legitimate customers.

Are you sure it wasn't less than not having CF? It doesn't say however, that it removes all false positives.
Im sure i would get LESS false positives if CF was not running yea Ace.
Sort of goes without saying.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I wouldn't know that though as i've never used CF before lol
Well, you can access the cache, by going to cache:
(04-22-2012, 08:06 AM)fanta Wrote: Well, you can access the cache, by going to cache:

You can't post or do anything of that nature though while in a cached mode.
(04-17-2012, 04:26 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Just read this....

cloudflare Wrote:CloudFlare provides a broad level of protection from a wide range of attacks. We do this while minimizing false positives or annoyances to legitimate customers.

Thats all i read. Thats simply not true.
Im a legit customer and i get many false positives thus this thread so i find this to be incorrect.

I think it is first very important to note why some visitors get challenged with a CloudFlare captcha. Site owners, however, can adjust the challenge behavior by doing any of the following:

1. Change your security level to a lower level (settings->CloudFlare settings->Basic Security Level->change to desired level). Essentially off is an option here, which means only the worst threats are challenged.

2. Site owners can whitelist IPs or IP ranges to override challenge behavior.

If you are a challenged user:
1. Passing the captcha reduces the threat score associated with that IP.
2. The IP will fall off after about two weeks if there is no other bad activity shown from IP.
3. You can request the site owner whitelist your IP when you pass the captcha. This will also override the challenge behavior for that visitor and that site & the whitelisting behavior also reduces the threat score.

Using IP data does obviously create some false positives, but the captcha passing and whitelisting helps remove false positives as well.
(04-27-2012, 12:45 PM)damoncloudflare Wrote: 2. The IP will fall off after about two weeks if there is no other bad activity shown from IP.

Then why do i keep seeing them months and months after the first one?
The Rules!

Cause you using dynamic ip or Omni won't whitelist your ip range.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
I believe there is no whitelisting. Even for Omni.
Also i run a static ip so thats not it.
The Rules!

(04-27-2012, 02:58 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Then why do i keep seeing them months and months after the first one?

Hard for me to look at through a forum (can contact us with IP). But a quick check at Project Honey Pot for the IP might give a clue (one of our data sources).