Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AHHHHHH!!
[Image: 13337558850288_SF-down.png]

Man that pisses me off. Just saying.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I've heard about the benefits of cloudflare, not really sure what to think about it though to voice an opinion about it. It seems sites with it though have periodic downtime from my experience on sites which use this though.
That would have pissed me off too, although i never sore a message like that.
(04-06-2012, 09:00 PM)4Y4T3M Wrote: That would have pissed me off too, although i never sore a message like that.

If you're here long enough... eventually, don't worry about it lol. The time will come Smile
lol yep Ace.
I have prob started 3 threads related to exactly how much this pisses me off.
One thing i often figured was fact was this.
Omni spends his time and effort on HF and not here so SF is on a shared host with the shitty protection just so it can run with min work and effort. Sure at the cost of the users.
Thats been my interpretation of it anyway.
I could well be wrong.
The Rules!

Though he runs this on Shared host, he said he's shifting SF to a new server soon.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
(04-06-2012, 09:22 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: If you're here long enough... eventually, don't worry about it lol. The time will come Smile

Just sore the message about 40 minutes ago.

Awkward. hahaha.

(04-06-2012, 09:33 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: lol yep Ace.
I have prob started 3 threads related to exactly how much this pisses me off.
One thing i often figured was fact was this.
Omni spends his time and effort on HF and not here so SF is on a shared host with the shitty protection just so it can run with min work and effort. Sure at the cost of the users.
Thats been my interpretation of it anyway.
I could well be wrong.

Another reason could be because of the lack of funding he gets to run the website, hackforums is his main income and just recently he has had to pay alot of tax to support the company, this website makes little or next to no income and therefore he hosts it with his own money, most user's would dis-agree with having VIP groups (such as l33t or ub3r) and thats the reason why there's such a lack of funding, bringing-up the funding issue because with more funding omniscient could improve the website, move it to a better server & upgrade the cloudflare.
[Image: siggy.png]
www.4Y4T3M-L4BS.tk
Notice they were able to retain the favicon.
Why then doesnt it have atleast a custom page that looks like SF instead of there shi t?
Man i hate this cloudflare. Smells of stinky stinky stuff.
The Rules!

(04-07-2012, 12:42 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Notice they were able to retain the favicon.
Why then doesnt it have atleast a custom page that looks like SF instead of there shi t?
Man i hate this cloudflare. Smells of stinky stinky stuff.

I dont think it was them retaining the favicon, it was your browser's cache.

I think cloudflare does more good, than bad.
[Image: siggy.png]
www.4Y4T3M-L4BS.tk
4Y4t3m are you dumb?
What makes you think Jesse has lack of funds?
If he can afford to host MyBb.com
He obviously can get a server for Sf.
He gets tons of money from Hf and central.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.