Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Brutal Video Games make people violent?
(03-29-2012, 05:43 AM)Sodomy Wrote: did you seriously just use "using wrestling finishers on your friends" as an influence of video games making people more violent?

anyway, I think that they have some effect on our mind. I have dreams of violence at times and also of me being in the video games I play. I do not think it makes me a more violent person how ever.
Read again.
I was talking about Wwe.
If you are willing to join SF Webmasters.
I'll do the survey. Although video games have never made me violent.... 3 tours in Iraq didn't make me all that violent either though so.
[Image: sfsig.png]
No i do not think so ... maybe
when i was a kid i used to play grand theft auto and all that other stuff. i didnt really turn out violent :/
In a survey I read, they said shooting game actually can improve your eye sight. Yes, you need to play sniper all the time to achieve that! lol
I remember when my stepdad played GTA: San Andreas a lot, and when he went driving IRL after he had played. It was kinda scary to be in the car. I mean, if you really get into the game, of course it affects you mentally. Im 18, and i've realized that, i don't even have to be a parent to see that it actually affects you. It affects teenagers more than it affects adults, but it still affects both parts.

Look at the kids in first grade for example. What do the boys do? Play war and pretend to kill eachother.
Well sure, it's probably a great way to grow up at. I mean look at all the crazy crap that actually happens all over the world daily, people get shot down, brutally killed etc. It wasn't this bad before the brutal videogames came to the world. Sure it was pretty bad back then too, but they didn't go around with UZI's and shooting their classmates down in school.
You can't really say it does and it doesn't.

It's just the same as alcohol, smoking, drugs, it depends on the person.
Depends on how much can the person be influenced.

But for that survey, it's total crap.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
WHAT?!!? NO!!!!??!?!? HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT!!! *punches him in face*. [Image: blush.gif]

Lol, but seriously I don't think it makes people/children violent. I do believe, however, it makes us/them violent while playing the game, not after. I think games are extremely addicting and are another way for the government to control us, but hey, who's going to complain? Big Grin
Well what do you expect? The only way for kids to get their M rated games is through their parents. It's bad parenting, not the video game industries fault if their kids become violent.
For people younger than 14 years old, this can make them think doing the same thing they see on a video game won't result in any sort of punishment.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who is favorite Video Games Character? HMASERV 1 741 04-07-2020, 09:12 AM
Last Post: VPSnet
  Scary video games Brooke 1 542 04-16-2014, 04:43 AM
Last Post: Icy
  Anyone interested on writing articles on video games? BioHazaЯd™ 1 675 05-05-2012, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Magma
  Violent Video Games Glassy 33 5,332 10-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Prince
  Video Games OST Evil Stewie 16 1,153 09-30-2011, 06:28 AM
Last Post: Onlock