Support Forums

Full Version: Do Brutal Video Games make people violent?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys. A friend of mine has to do a project on the behavior of people due to violent videogames and provided me with a survey link for his research. He needs about 50 people to do it in order to get a proper readout. I thought I would share it with you guys so you can help out a bit:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C8DQX9N

Be honest while answering. And while we're on the topic, whats your opinion on the matter. Do violent video games really make people violent?
To be honest games don't make you violent.
Parents just say to stop their children from playing games.
I think it does if it becomes an addiction.
I think for some people it might. They kind of show violence is not a big deal, you'll just respawn, etc.

But I played video games since I was very small, and I'm extremely passive.

Well for me, I would say it depends on the amount of self-control of the person.
(03-28-2012, 01:04 PM)Kewlz Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest games don't make you violent.
Parents just say to stop their children from playing games.

Are you a parent? What is your basis to form this opinion?

1. I played games all my life.
2. I owned a video game retail store for 10 years selling to tens of thousands of customers.
3. I'm the father of 4 children.

Do violent games make kids violent?

YES.

But I'm not against violent games. I'm against bad parents and ignorance. I know of few parents that actually restrict what their children do.
(03-28-2012, 06:02 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]Are you a parent? What is your basis to form this opinion?

2. I owned a video game retail store for 10 years selling to tens of thousands of customers.

YES.

But I'm not against violent games. I'm against bad parents and ignorance. I know of few parents that actually restrict what their children do.

I think it depends a lot on the kid.
I'm a nanny, and my youngest is the sweetest kid ever. He also happens to like first person shooters.
His older brother has problems controlling his anger, and he doesn't like violent games. Or really any games other than Mario Kart and Monopoly.
(03-28-2012, 06:02 PM)Omniscient Wrote: [ -> ]Are you a parent? What is your basis to form this opinion?

YES.

That answer was just limited to me.

Here's your answer.

No, I'm not a parent, I'm just 18 years old now.

On topic:
It actually depends on the mental condition of the child, how strong is he from inside, how easily can he get influenced. How much time he spends playing those games.

I've been playing counter strike for 4-5 years now. I don't think, I'm getting violent because of that.
But it obviously differs from person to person.

I can say Watching WWE made me violent, when I was like 12 I hit a guy with Pedigree influenced from Triple H. If I started getting mad over something I would hit my friends with finishers, as I was stronger and healthier than them.

As I said it depends on children, I remember when I was small I saw in news that a guy kid jumped from terrace of a building saying "Shaktimaan"(Indian Super Hero) would save him.

Yes, they do. Depending on the kid's imagination, he could see someone dying by his hands as funny and a joke, or he could view it as a way of revenge and relate it back to the real world. It varies in different cases but the answer is Yes, it does.
(03-29-2012, 01:01 AM)Kewlz Wrote: [ -> ]That answer was just limited to me.

Here's your answer.

No, I'm not a parent, I'm just 18 years old now.

On topic:
It actually depends on the mental condition of the child, how strong is he from inside, how easily can he get influenced. How much time he spends playing those games.

I've been playing counter strike for 4-5 years now. I don't think, I'm getting violent because of that.
But it obviously differs from person to person.

I can say Watching WWE made me violent, when I was like 12 I hit a guy with Pedigree influenced from Triple H. If I started getting mad over something I would hit my friends with finishers, as I was stronger and healthier than them.

As I said it depends on children, I remember when I was small I saw in news that a guy kid jumped from terrace of a building saying "Shaktimaan"(Indian Super Hero) would save him.

did you seriously just use "using wrestling finishers on your friends" as an influence of video games making people more violent?

anyway, I think that they have some effect on our mind. I have dreams of violence at times and also of me being in the video games I play. I do not think it makes me a more violent person how ever.
Pages: 1 2 3